My First Post!

Seabiscuit

Jan 2, 2010
Detector(s) used
F-75, CZ-20, Troy Shadow
Hello everyone! This is my very first post here on T-net! Glad to be here!
I thought I would show you all some of my finds from yesterday.
I went Civil War hunting with my friends rtde3 & Dickie. We all had a pretty good day.
I found a 1858 flying eagle cent, 2 69 caliber bullets, 1 58 caliber, 1 buck ball, one percussion cap, a underwear button and some kind of ball stud with what looks like a piece of leather still stuck in it. ( if anyone know for sure what this is please let me know)
I also found a piece of glass with some kind of design on it.

Attachments

• 1 1 10 finds.JPG
    1 1 10 finds.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 491
  • cent & button.JPG
    cent & button.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 493
  • ball stud 1.JPG
    ball stud 1.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 476
  • ball stud 2.JPG
    ball stud 2.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 485
  • ball stud 3.JPG
    ball stud 3.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 476
Upvote 0
Welcome Seabiscuit and Great CW relics congrats 0n the Flying Eagle :o ..Many more in 2010 :thumbsup: CMD

Welcome to T-NET and WTG on your finds. Very nice. HH

Ed

Great finds!! I think that ball stud is off a cartridge box or cap pouch, its what holds the flap down on them.

Attachments

• catridge box.jpg
    catridge box.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 654
Awesome finds, good job.

:hello: Welcome to Tnet, SB!! :icon_pirat: What a great first post! I know you all are having a great 'ole time digging up all those terrific CW relics...

Many congrats to ya and good luck on the return~

Nana :)

Welcome to a great place. That's the kind of spot I'm talking about.

Flying Eagle, one cent, American, United States. After years of experimenting, the mint introduced its new small cent in 1857. 88% copper 12 % nickel. The bird " Old Pete" Which was a mascot of the mintage.This coin came out in 1857 a smaller version of the large cents..

Awesome Finds on the Flying cent and the CW relics. I had to buy an 1857 and 1858 flying cent in order to say I have them. :dontknow: You dug yours so that is special in itself. Don't see many of those come out of the ground.

Congrats Seabisquit. Nice to see you over here on TreasureNet :icon_thumleft:

Thanks for the help in IDing. Appreciate all the wtg's and feedback. Thanks for looking. Can't wait for a little warmer weather to swing again!
Happy hunting
Seabiscuit

Nice finds and post SeaBiscuit . Shirley will make you a pro in no time!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back