My first post

winken

Mar 27, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett 2500 fisher 1266x ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hay everybody, i've been checkin you guys out for a while from the side lines, thought i would finally post up. I was out today in the woods and ran into kermit and ( i want to say bob but it might be bill sorry i forget ) I have been detecting for at least ten years but always by myself, kinda a loner i guess. between the wife and work i don't get out as much as i would like but thats just the way it is. I will have to say i'm jealous of all the great finds you guys have been posting. Well maybe one of these times if you don't mind i could tag along with some of you guys,if i can get away. I did find a wheatie today 1934 a nickel and i think a five coin spill... one dime the rest pennys. It was nice meetin you guys today kermit sorry i forgot ( bill or bobs name ) later. ken

Glad to meet you and your always welcome to join it the hunt. :icon_pirat:

Welcome to TNet. . . AND to the "Illinois section" where you'll never have a dull moment :tongue3:

Happy hunting!

Welcome to Tnet and the ILLinois section.

Hi Ken, and welcome to the group!

With 10 yrs experience you could probably give us guys some pointers.. have you been using the same MD all along?

John

Welcome

I haven't been on the board long, but everyone seems very friendly and supportive. I think you'll like it here.

(I've just returned to detecting after a twenty some year absence. Basically a newbie again.)

BigDan

Welcome Ken, I did the same thing, read like 9 pages on this Illinois site. Now you know why were the #1 state in the popular section.

Hey it was great seeing you out there again today, we both made some cool finds!!! :icon_pirat:

Thanks for all the welcomes guys . You all have been posting some awesome finds.
seen kermit's video with the new SLQ that was a cool find. :notworthy: I had just dug my oldest coin about 100 yards away from him, 1905 V nickel. Didn't know what it was, it was dirty and i never found one before a. Kermit knew right away ( good eye ).Anyway my daughter has a digital camera hopefully she'll take a picture for me so i can post it. Hey litefire i do have a fisher 1266x don't use it much anymore though. Thanks again for the welcome Hope to see ya all out there :hello:

Welcome to the forum, winken. I detected alone (or with my grandpa) for many years and never entertained the idea of hunting with buddies, until I met TreasureFiend, Goio and some others one day and I guess the rest is history. Feel free to tag along any time you want.

Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back