MY FIRST SILVER COIN!!! YES!! ALL HAIL THE ACE 250!

PATreasureHunter

Mar 22, 2007
Lititz, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Back at my great-great aunt's house today, for the fourth time. Each time I go there, it never disappoints. BUT.....today was the kicker. I pulled out my FIRST SILVER COIN!!! It's a 1943 Mercury dime. It was about 4 inches down, and the ace250 went crazy when it was being pinpointed. WHAT A RUSH it was when I pulled it out of the ground!! It's in awesome shape too, to boot. I also retrrived 4 more wheaties from that same yard, a bunch more clad, and some more what-zits. I feel that I have scoured the yard pretyt good now, BUT I will go back for at leats one more sweep. It's a great feeling when you find you first silver coin, and EVERYBODY on here was right - it came when I least expected it. Thanks for reading, and happy hunting to all!

Attachments

• merc1.jpg
    merc1.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 1,556
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 1,541
Upvote 0
Good looking Merc! I just hit my second one of year yesterday, was not as nice as yours...nice find! :)

The house was built in the early-mid 1800's. Before she passed at age 97, she lived there her whole life. She also had some brothers and sisters grow up there, and move in and out. Seeing all the older coins I pulled out of the yard, one can guess that there was ALOT of activitiy in that big yard, especially from the 1920's to the 1950's.

Congrats on your first silver! Mercs are always good to find. Hope you find many more.
Mark G

Sweet find!

;) RR

Attachments

• congrats201.jpg
    congrats201.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 813
  • congrats201.jpg
    congrats201.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 813
great find , my fist also a merc 1920 my heart raced and although i was almost ready to cal it a day i hunted two more hours and glad i did. ;D

Not only your first silver, but in exc. shape to boot. Congrats, Ron

Congrats on the first silver PATreasureHunter... That is one sweet merc, especially being a first...

HH Robert

Congrats Cory!

What a great feeling! I found my first on my own property, and continue to find things on the property 7 years later.

Don't give up on that site!

Congratulations!!!!

I can remember pulling up my first silver coin, a mercury dime just like yourself, and as you said, it was a real rush! I couldn't wait to tell my friends and family.

It seems funny now, but I must have buzzed around for a week or so, full of excitement and joy over such a small thing.

After a while, when perhaps you've hit a slump and aren't finding the "good stuff" anymore, you'll sort of forget how good finding that first silver felt. But fear not, because before you know it, you'll come across another find that will get your heart pumping again.

Of course you can always pay a visit to Tnet, read a post just like the one you wrote here, and someone else's "first" can help bring back the memory for you too.

Thanks for bringing back the memory,

Happy Hunting!

Johnny Cache

merc's are great anytime as a "first find" bit of silver and being a "war era" coin its extra special ---lovely looking coin --one of my personal favorites---Ivan

That's a beauty! I get so excited when I see silver in the hole, don't you guys (and gals)? And I've found all mine with my trusty ACE 250, too!

Ramapirate

I also just noticed tha San Francisco Mintmark...a bit unusual for the east coast in that era!

...And she's a beauty!

There's no turning back now! :D

Congratulations!

Ridley

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back