My first Silver Half . . . . and Wow!

49r Relics

Jan 11, 2008
Gold Country (California)
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Detector Pro Grey Ghost headphones, Lesche diggers, Apex picks.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out today to test my Ace 250 that I bought as a backup machine (and a detector friends can borrow) and tried an old homestead, only dug 2 targets, first was a 1943 Mercury Dime and second was this barber half, only 2" down and right on the road where a car would have parked. When I popped this coin out I was thrilled.

If it wasn't 100 degrees out and had I not seen a rattlesnake 10' feet from where I found the dime, I might have stayed a bit longer. Will take the Minelab Sov back out there when it cools down a bit, looks like we're in for some seriously hot weather for the next week. It's pretty rough, but this is my first silver half in 20 years of detecting. ;D

GEDC0506.jpg
GEDC0505.jpg

Upvote 0

Ron B

May 11, 2007
Trinidad, Colorado
That's a kewl coin! I haven't found a silver half in too long to tell! :)
How come we all seem to have the best luck when we are trying out a new detector purchase?
Blame it on those MD'ing Gods! Lol!

GRB

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Congrats on that first silver Half! Hopefully you won't wait twenty years for the next one.

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
holy smokes that an awesome find :o congrats :thumbsup: and watch that heat and the snakes ! hope theres more there waiting for you when you get back there :wink: goodluck !

OP
OP
49r Relics

49r Relics

Jan 11, 2008
Gold Country (California)
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Detector Pro Grey Ghost headphones, Lesche diggers, Apex picks.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sonny60 said:
I would have gone back, chased the snakes out, and finished detecting for finds like that. WTG

Thanks All ! ;D

It was over 100 degrees today, way too hot for me to be out there where the ground is like a giant oven. Once it cools down I will go back. With the Ace 250 I had to turn the sensitivity down a bit to deal with the iron artifacts everywhere and I was not getting any coin signals whatsoever, until these 2. So I am not expecting much else but a few more would be outstanding.

:)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread