My first time out, cleaned the GUYS clock!

SunFireFairy

Feb 15, 2011
I live on Edisto Island, I clean houses 4 a living and this led to me meeting BioProfessor who metal detects, this is something I've always wanted 2 do.. I got permission 4 us to go out 2 some plantations and the professor started teaching me & my husband how 2 metal detect. Hey, who says a gal can't do it alone..my 1st go at it alone & from my finds my teacher says I did really well..I'm very excited about the things I found & I now have an addiction...whoever says all addictions r bad haven't tried metal detecting.

Attachments

• JamieGroup.jpg
    JamieGroup.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 2,161
Upvote 0

Rickiowa2009

Mar 6, 2009
Cedar Rapids Iowa
Detector(s) used
GTP1350 Garrett, Xterra 705 gold pack and ace250!
Enjoy the hobby, those are some great finds, I live in Iowa, not as much history here, I need to do more research in Iowa! Keep up the good work!

jamesbibb

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2009
Central Va
Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
WOW you did real well ,NY , Navy and a flat button not sure about the round thing maybe a rosette?

AlaskaAng

Dec 23, 2004
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, MXT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rickiowa2009 said:
Enjoy the hobby, those are some great finds, I live in Iowa, not as much history here, I need to do more research in Iowa! Keep up the good work!

Hey Rick,

I'm moving back home this fall (Galena, IL) not far from you! Have you ever tried the old farm houses or swimming holes? I'm really looking forward to moving back to the midwest (some would say I'm crazy for wanting to leave AK) but there's not much old silver up here and my love is metal detecting! Here in AK I do more gold dredging/sluicing/highbanking than detecting because of this!

You should hit the library in the winter! I did this when I was stationed in North Dakota and found many leads to good detecting sites that I would have never dreamed of detecting!

Nice to see someone so close to "home" here on Tnet! Good luck this summer, I hear your snow is melting and temps nearing 60! Our snow starts to melt in April and we might be able to get out in May!

HH
Ang :icon_sunny:

RickyD

Jan 21, 2006
Washington State
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAX 550. Garrett Pro Pointer
Hey, Alaska Ang, I have close relatives who live in Juneau. They say anyone living in Alaska is either a fisherman, a hunter, a miner, or an alcoholic, or any combination of the above.......Now, I guess we can add to that list a MD'r.

fibberjibber

Mar 7, 2008
I think the larger disk could be a keyhole cover or, more likely, one of those covers used on old wood bedposts to hide the fastening devices. I cannot think of the name of them right now but they were prevalent during colonial and post-colonial years. Great finds! Nothing like we find up here in Wisconsin- we just have that old trash the Native Americans and Fur Traders threw around. :tongue3: I would love to find the history you guys have!!

AlaskaAng

Dec 23, 2004
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RickyD said:
Hey, Alaska Ang, I have close relatives who live in Juneau. They say anyone living in Alaska is either a fisherman, a hunter, a miner, or an alcoholic, or any combination of the above.......Now, I guess we can add to that list a MD'r.

Lol! You forgot military, we have a lot of them up here to...I'm retired USAF and a miner, love to hunt and fish too! So guess I qualify to be an Alaskan (for now).
Here's my cow moose I shot last Sep, by myself! Jay came to help (from work) after I shot it, good thing I was within cell phone range! Notice the cut on my nose, yep, the scope got me! That was the 2nd big game I took with my 300 win mag, first was a Caribou in 2009!

Attachments

• Angie\'s Moose, 17 Sep 10 (6).JPG
    Angie\'s Moose, 17 Sep 10 (6).JPG
    461.2 KB · Views: 1,760

m bryan

Jun 12, 2010
east texas
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000 and Garrett 300 Teknetics T2 Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Indiana Digger

Oct 13, 2010
E.C. Indiana
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle II SL90
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T Net! Some great find! Congrats! :icon_thumleft:

Happy Hunting,

~Indiana Digger~

goldnugget

Nov 3, 2005
East Coast U S A
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab XP-Pro- MinelabExcaliber -Fisher1260 Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Equinox 800
Great Finds, save a few for me, I will be staying at Edisto Beach State Park Campgrounds the middle of the month in May. Still trying how to cross Jeremy Inlet during low tide to get to Edingsville Beach, then to Frampton Inlet .goldnugget-Charlotte,N.C.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did fantastic.. so let the addiction begin.. and have fun while your at it, way I see it is, your outside, enjoying whatever sights you see, getting dirty, dying to know what goodie is in your hole, its the thrill of the hunt and enjoying great hunting buddies makes it even more better in my book and of course we all want to know the historical value or what old old golden oldie you dug and searching round to id it.... god I love this hobby..

I am looking foward to your next hunt.. by the way, what machine are ya swinging.

stormfighter

Mar 23, 2008
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
DFX
Welcome to the Hobby and welcome to t-net.You will not look at a piece of ground without thinking about what you can find.You are hooked!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome!!!!!!! :hello2:

AlaskaAng

Dec 23, 2004
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bulldog1948 said:
Great shot :icon_thumright: Nice moose :headbang:
Bulldog1948
Thanks Bulldog,

We're headed out tomorrow for a winter Caribou hunt on our snowmachines in the White Mountains just northeast of Fairbanks! Hope to see some!
Ang

Bulldog1948

Jan 2, 2011
SE Ohio
Detector(s) used
GC 1036- Gold Digger
AlaskaAng said:
Bulldog1948 said:
Great shot :icon_thumright: Nice moose :headbang:
Bulldog1948
Thanks Bulldog,

We're headed out tomorrow for a winter Caribou hunt on our snowmachines in the White Mountains just northeast of Fairbanks! Hope to see some!
Ang

Let us know if you get one. Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread