My first time out, cleaned the GUYS clock!

SunFireFairy

Feb 15, 2011
I live on Edisto Island, I clean houses 4 a living and this led to me meeting BioProfessor who metal detects, this is something I've always wanted 2 do.. I got permission 4 us to go out 2 some plantations and the professor started teaching me & my husband how 2 metal detect. Hey, who says a gal can't do it alone..my 1st go at it alone & from my finds my teacher says I did really well..I'm very excited about the things I found & I now have an addiction...whoever says all addictions r bad haven't tried metal detecting.

Attachments

• JamieGroup.jpg
    JamieGroup.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 2,161
Upvote 0

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
Congrats on some nice finds. Looks like you had two good hunts. LOL

I only ate caribou once. Was in Newfoundland at the time. Loved the taste. Hope you have a successful hunt.

Ray S ECenFL

AlaskaAng

Dec 23, 2004
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, MXT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Caribou Hunt Update and Gold Mining pics:
Hi All,

Well we had a great time on the Caribou hunt yesterday (Steese Hwy, NE of Fairbanks, AK). The weather was coopertive (-15 but sunny and light winds, warmed to maybe 0). We started our hunt with a snowmachine trip up a trail that ran along a creek that is heavly worked for gold as noted by the large piles of tailings and machinery there and the old/newer miners cabins!

We saw about 13 caribou but didn't take a shot, they were 400' away and 3' of snow in between...we held out for closer caribou (sorry, didn't get a picture of the bou as I had my gun instead). I could have taken two cows (legally) but they had calves and were no doubt carrying a baby, I couldn't do it. We decided on big bulls instead.

Anyway, long day short, we saw many caribou but decided to be safe about out hunt and pass them up.

Attached are a few pics of the day...including the stuck sled, miners cabins (newer ones and abandoned from days gone by)

A real neat place not to mention, beautiful!

Ang

Attachments

• IMG_0010.JPG
    IMG_0010.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 1,163
  • IMG_0024.JPG
    IMG_0024.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 1,167
  • IMG_0058.JPG
    IMG_0058.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 1,171
  • IMG_0050.JPG
    IMG_0050.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 1,167
  • IMG_0055.JPG
    IMG_0055.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 1,153
  • IMG_0065.JPG
    IMG_0065.JPG
    150.1 KB · Views: 1,132

AlaskaAng

Dec 23, 2004
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, forgot the stuck sled picture! Steve tried to make a trail though the 6' drifts that covered the trail so we could get closer to the caribou...neadless to say, it didn't work but he didn't give up, he tried three more times and even tried going left up and over the hill to the barren ground...didn't happen, the mountain won this trip out!

Enjoy the pics, Ang

Attachments

• IMG_0037.JPG
    IMG_0037.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 1,103

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to Tnet SSF! :hello:
Very nice finds there , looks like you're going
to have lots of success in your new hobby! :icon_thumright:

Dave

SkyPirate

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
Raleigh North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AlaskaAng said:
Hi All,

Well we had a great time on the Caribou hunt yesterday (Steese Hwy, NE of Fairbanks, AK). The weather was coopertive (-15 but sunny and light winds, warmed to maybe 0). We started our hunt with a snowmachine trip up a trail that ran along a creek that is heavly worked for gold as noted by the large piles of tailings and machinery there and the old/newer miners cabins!

We saw about 13 caribou but didn't take a shot, they were 400' away and 3' of snow in between...we held out for closer caribou (sorry, didn't get a picture of the bou as I had my gun instead). I could have taken two cows (legally) but they had calves and were no doubt carrying a baby, I couldn't do it. We decided on big bulls instead.

Anyway, long day short, we saw many caribou but decided to be safe about out hunt and pass them up.

Attached are a few pics of the day...including the stuck sled, miners cabins (newer ones and abandoned from days gone by)

Ang

Is this a hunting forum or a metal detecting forum? :icon_scratch:

AlaskaAng

Dec 23, 2004
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SkyPirate said:
AlaskaAng said:
Hi All,

Ang

Is this a hunting forum or a metal detecting forum? :icon_scratch:

Sorry guys, guess I got carried away with Alaska's beauty...I did talk about the gold mining up here so maybe that counts somewhat if not, I'll shut up now :'(

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What I want to know is how you picked up a Cheerio (object in upper right of pic) with your metal detector and how that thing held up in the ground for so long!!! ;D

Regardless, welcome and keep those pics coming, I love seeing what others find!!

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think any of us on here still love to see pictures of such a beautiful place..................even though a lot of us are tired of the cold and white stuff >:( Send them as often as you like. I'm sure we will enjoy them

RiverRat3

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2009
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to tnet. Great finds. It's definately an addicting hobby.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the hobby and the forum! Some great finds for your first hunt! Bioprof seems like a great guy. HH and enjoy, Mike

AlaskaAng

Dec 23, 2004
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
crazyjarhead said:
I think any of us on here still love to see pictures of such a beautiful place..................even though a lot of us are tired of the cold and white stuff >:( Send them as often as you like. I'm sure we will enjoy them

Thanks. My next pictures of beauty will be of us and our newly found gold in or pans! But that won't be for a while as you can imagine.
Ang

OP
OP
S

SunFireFairy

Feb 15, 2011
lol, that "cheerio " lasted so long and was picked up by my detector becuz these kinds of cheerios are made of lead, was originally a musket ball then was modified 2 be a fishing weight, hence the hole n the middle :laughing9:

Broken knee

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2009
in your back yard
Detector(s) used
excal 2
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AlaskaAng said:
RickyD said:
Hey, Alaska Ang, I have close relatives who live in Juneau. They say anyone living in Alaska is either a fisherman, a hunter, a miner, or an alcoholic, or any combination of the above.......Now, I guess we can add to that list a MD'r.

Lol! You forgot military, we have a lot of them up here to...I'm retired USAF and a miner, love to hunt and fish too! So guess I qualify to be an Alaskan (for now).
Here's my cow moose I shot last Sep, by myself! Jay came to help (from work) after I shot it, good thing I was within cell phone range! Notice the cut on my nose, yep, the scope got me! That was the 2nd big game I took with my 300 win mag, first was a Caribou in 2009!
Ouch, I feel your pain I did that with a marlin 375 lever action. Kinda makes you gun shy for a few shots. Nice moose!
Broken Knee

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
AlaskaAng said:
RickyD said:
Hey, Alaska Ang, I have close relatives who live in Juneau. They say anyone living in Alaska is either a fisherman, a hunter, a miner, or an alcoholic, or any combination of the above.......Now, I guess we can add to that list a MD'r.

Lol! You forgot military, we have a lot of them up here to...I'm retired USAF and a miner, love to hunt and fish too! So guess I qualify to be an Alaskan (for now).
Here's my cow moose I shot last Sep, by myself! Jay came to help (from work) after I shot it, good thing I was within cell phone range! Notice the cut on my nose, yep, the scope got me! That was the 2nd big game I took with my 300 win mag, first was a Caribou in 2009!
Nice looking couple

M

mankind

Hey Rick, Are you taking prednisone?? You have the same puffy moon face my grandmother has !! The doc wants me to take it. Thanks ! Happy hunting !

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
I may be wrong but the large round object looks like possibly a part of an antique drawer pull? The square hole might have been where the part you would use to pull open the drawer was.

Sorry if this was already posted.

Great finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread