My first week CRHing

byzanthia

Oct 8, 2011
north Dallas
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been collecting coins for the past 20 years, but never realized there was still silver to be had in circulation. I'm from Europe and have only been here for 6 years. Our Dutch guilder was replaced with that awful euro quite a while ago so there's no point looking. After stumbling upon CRH while searching for some info on older half dollars I had, I wanted to give it a shot (I have nothing better to do :D).

My personal bank (Chase) was awesome... they ordered 3 boxes of dimes and 2 half dollars no question asked, called me when they came in, and even helped carry them to my car... every single employee in the bank was happy and courteous. I brought them a box of donuts when picking up the boxes, to get my rapport going for future orders :D

These are the results:

Half dollar box 1:
2003 D
4x 1987 P
2x 2004 P

Dime box 1:
1x 1961

Dime box 2 and 3:
Skunk

Half dollar box 2:
2001 S
2003 D
2003 P
2005 D
24x 1965-1970 40%
4x Franklin 90%

2enxaf4.jpg

Needless to say I was very happy with the last box :D I'm not sure if the 2002+ are worth keeping, but I'll hang on to them for now.

Now I just need to figure out how to dump them, and get more boxes! It sure was a rush finding all that silver, so much fun; I'm having withdrawals already!

I have next week off so I think I'll visit all banks in the area to scout coin counters and pick up whatever halves they have... the four banks I did already visit yielded only skunk halves, 31 Ike dollars and a "you're the first person to ask for these ever" everywhere so I hope the competetion around here is small.

Thanks treasurenet :)

Upvote 0

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
looks like you did quite well your first week - esp. with half box 2. :thumbsup:

sounds like you have established a good relationship with your pick up bank which is a good thing to do.

yes this hobby can be quite fun and rather addictive. :)

continued good luck to you and HH

GEOFF

Aug 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds, especially on the bens

the problem is depositing back... :hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions