My New Addition For Finding Gold

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My New Addition For Finding Gold

This is the Big Royal Drywasher from Royal Manufacturing. Simply amazing the quality of the product. What I noticed right away before watching the included 70 minute video was the riffles. These were not some welded together frame work of riffles using two side and the cross riffles. What Royal did was laser cut the metal, bend the metal on the sides, bend the riffles, then Tig weld each riffle on the ends where the metal was bent 90 degrees to the riffles and all cut from ONE piece of metal.

The finish and detail is second to none. When you have the right equipment to manufacture quality equipment it’s incredible what someone can build. If you are on the ropes of buying a drywasher I strongly suggest that you look at the Royal’s drywashers. I guarantee you will be impressed. Royal has two different sizes and both are priced below the competetion base on size, but don't base your decision on size. Look at the material that was used. You can get the 70 minute DVD from Royal's website a rundown of the drywasher and its competition of drywashers. My Royal drywasher will be put to use this Saturday in southern Arizona. :icon_thumleft:

VIDEO ON PAGE 3

roy1x.jpg

roy2x.jpg

roy3i.jpg

roy4.jpg

roy5f.jpg

roy7h.jpg

roy8.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What are in the guts of the air feedin?? Offset adjustable elliptical vibrator?? Better build that blower motor a base to get it up off the ground or it'll suck rocks and chew itself up fast-John

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Been on the ropes about buying a drywasher, and the Royal seems to be the
"Top-of-the-Heap" when it comes to quality construction.

Great write-up, and I'm very much looking forward to hearing how it performs
on Sat.!

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What are in the guts of the air feedin?? Offset adjustable elliptical vibrator?? Better build that blower motor a base to get it up off the ground or it'll suck rocks and chew itself up fast-John

John the blower is part of my vac I built. I have a 5 gallon screw top bucket that the blower attaches too. The bucket has three 4 inch holes bored into the side of the bucket so the blower can draw air. The blower will be raised 15 inches above ground level. The drywasher motor is a force air fan with a counterweight that's adjustable using ABC bearings that can be bought at any skateboard shop.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Best of luck with your new machine - Now Go Get Some! :occasion14:

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here is this week’s results from the area I had located. Will not be able to take the drywasher into this area though. It was good while it lasted but there are variables I cannot control in regards to the access due to homeowners complaining while using my Vac.

thisweeksgold.jpg

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes AZ, we have/bring and create state of the art low impact environmentally safe and sound equipment...and because we care enough to bring it up and present it, we are banned.
When prospectors are outlawed....well you know the rest

gawd I have to add this. I used to do pest control in FL at an exclusive golf course and the community surrounding it. So exclusive, as in seen cutting your own grass was let's just say frowned upon. EVEN THEN, the curfew for yard work was from 7 pm to 7am. Do you know how much noise a dixie chopper, weed eater and blower makes? Times two, cuz another part of the crew is across the street doing the same thing? It was like a war zone, but that's ok? Probably cuz they were playing golf...IDK...just ranting and feeling your pain.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes AZ, we have/bring and create state of the art low impact environmentally safe and sound equipment...and because we care enough to bring it up and present it, we are banned.
When prospectors are outlawed....well you know the rest

gawd I have to add this. I used to do pest control in FL at an exclusive golf course and the community surrounding it. So exclusive, as in seen cutting your own grass was let's just say frowned upon. EVEN THEN, the curfew for yard work was from 7 pm to 7am. Do you know how much noise a dixie chopper, weed eater and blower makes? Times two, cuz another part of the crew is across the street doing the same thing? It was like a war zone, but that's ok? Probably cuz they were playing golf...IDK...just ranting and feeling your pain.

I think its more about (Homeowners) having someone in their backyard (Desert Environment) that upsets them. Getting to the area I would draw attention due to their damn dogs barking. I doubt anyone has worked the area after the homes were built. Were talking million dollar homes that surround this wash. Gold prospectors who rushed into the American West also were attracted to southern Arizona, where gold was said to be in abundance in and around the Santa Catalina Mountains north of Tucson. Fueled by the legend of the lost Iron Door Gold Mine in the Santa Catalina Mountains, those in search of gold trekked through the Oro Valley area. Oro in Spanish means "GOLD".

The area I was working,

wash7.jpg

I never did dig into this area but wished I had.

wash4.jpg

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You're not actually in their backyard, right? I mean yes, they can see you from there but really? Much as we'd all like to, we don't own the land as far as we can see. Live and let live, respectively, and that's all I ask. Too bad it's too much to ask.

Ps That second pic? I got about 6 M-80's left. Do I have a plan for you!:D

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've noticed a couple spots in urban San Diego, that look like that second pic. Many a times I have thought about parking on the side of the road and using a shovel, hammer whatever to gets a bucket full of sort like that.... Just to see ya know? :-)

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've noticed a couple spots in urban San Diego, that look like that second pic. Many a times I have thought about parking on the side of the road and using a shovel, hammer whatever to gets a bucket full of sort like that.... Just to see ya know? :-)

The second photo looks like an old riverbed as it sits along a dry wash today. If I go back in this area its without the Vac and just hand tools, but this one old guy has a hound dog that alerts the neighbors that someone or something is in the desert. Without giving out any details of the area I had been working you can see in the Google shot all the ravines / canyons in the area along with all the homes.

wash8.jpg

The area a few of us are going to work with the drywasher on Saturday. This area for the most part is all claimed and we will be working claims.

arizona.jpg

Last edited:

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ohhhhh Royal IS Nice! Touchy location you've found! Nothing will be easy not even trying to make friends with the hound and trying to do that could even see you in jail. Quite a golden puzzle! Best of luck with your solution!...................63bkpkr

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got a late start this morning and once down in the area I realized that we would not be put the drywasher to use, just to much exposed bedrock not to pull the vac out. After Vacing the bedrock we were finding gold in these small feeder washes. 6 hours later we had removed 10 five gallon buckets that we classified to 1/2" to take back home. We completely unearthed a boulder that was 3 feet in diameter and pulled it aside to dig to bedrock. Ran into a half dozen swingers at a fork in the road but never saw anyone else on the claim. Will be returning to the area as its a 35 minute drive from my home and looks very promising once we got of the beaten trail. Saw lots of sign of where drywashers had been used. It had been years that I had been in this area Coues Deer hunting. Some of the largest recorded Coues deer came from this area. I will get the big Royal DW in use soon. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Way cool AV. Really enjoy your updates:icon_thumright:

Well here is an update I do not care to write. Headed out this morning and was 8 miles from home when the engine let go on my quadcab Dodge Ram 4x4. Eighty dollars later the truck was back home broken. The camshaft and crank are out of time. Either a broken camshaft, broken crank, timimg chain broke, crank or camshaft gear stripped, etc. No compression...

Last edited:

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I feel for ya. The transfer case went out on our Explorer. The chain was jumping on the gears, heck of a clunk. 10 days lost and $650 ransome. This prospecting :censored: gets expensive! Inanimate objects definately get jealous...the F150 just got $650 worth of work. Go figure:dontknow:

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff, it is a good thing you have at least three hobbies to spend your money on - prospecting and two Fords! It's a good thing I have only one Ford.......................63bkpkr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread