My New Addition For Finding Gold

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My New Addition For Finding Gold

This is the Big Royal Drywasher from Royal Manufacturing. Simply amazing the quality of the product. What I noticed right away before watching the included 70 minute video was the riffles. These were not some welded together frame work of riffles using two side and the cross riffles. What Royal did was laser cut the metal, bend the metal on the sides, bend the riffles, then Tig weld each riffle on the ends where the metal was bent 90 degrees to the riffles and all cut from ONE piece of metal.

The finish and detail is second to none. When you have the right equipment to manufacture quality equipment it’s incredible what someone can build. If you are on the ropes of buying a drywasher I strongly suggest that you look at the Royal’s drywashers. I guarantee you will be impressed. Royal has two different sizes and both are priced below the competetion base on size, but don't base your decision on size. Look at the material that was used. You can get the 70 minute DVD from Royal's website a rundown of the drywasher and its competition of drywashers. My Royal drywasher will be put to use this Saturday in southern Arizona. :icon_thumleft:

VIDEO ON PAGE 3

roy1x.jpg

roy2x.jpg

roy3i.jpg

roy4.jpg

roy5f.jpg

roy7h.jpg

roy8.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow! That beast really processes some volume...:occasion14:

Does it lose any gold when it's being fed so fast? Do the riffles overload?
(Don't have much experience with drywashers, so please pardon the ignorant question)

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow, you really have that blower cranked. I usually only run it about two thirds. I have the gold buddy, and boy these drywashers are dirt eating machines.

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow! That beast really processes some volume...:occasion14:

Does it lose any gold when it's being fed so fast? Do the riffles overload?
(Don't have much experience with drywashers, so please pardon the ignorant question)

I think he is actually feeding it kinda slow. I am new to drywashing, but it should look like a lava flow. It prob really depends on what type of material you are running. When I have material that is heavy with dirt, you can't see the riffles.

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
After running 20 five gallon buckets through the drywasher we then ran the discarded dirt through a Highbanker and picked up only few flakes and this could have been dirt and rocks being washed from heavy water spraying. The drywasher picked up the smallest gold you can imagine. I had screwed up and forgot my 3” inch hose when we went out so we used a few gas Vac’s and brought the dirt back home. So we really busted our balls all day. The next time out we will be shoveling fools. Yes the big Royal will move the dirt and can keep 3 people busy. I can’t stress enough if anyone is on the bubble to buy a Drywasher they should give Royal Manufacturing a good look, do your homework in comparing all components of the drywashers and I believe you will arrive at the same choice I did.

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow, you really have that blower cranked. I usually only run it about two thirds. I have the gold buddy, and boy these drywashers are dirt eating machines.

Kazcoro I beleive you correct in that I had the blower running to fast. It was our first time out with it so you learn by trail and error. The Royal and Gold Buddy are basicly the same DW with the exception of the Royal having a completely enclosed hopper making it a stronger hopper and about $50.00 cheaper.

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I found, and maybe you will as well, that you can run it about two thirds, and it will vibrate the best in that range. I like my Gold Buddy, because the riffle box seperates from the hopper, and I can shake the riffle box down a little and see where the gold is at. Also gets my heart going a little to pick out pickers before I get to the panning stage.

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not sure I follow your statement Kaz, "I like my Gold Buddy, because the riffle box seperates from the hopper" Royal riffle box below removed from the hopper so that I can easily open the riffles and allow all the paydirt to slide into a 5 gallon bucket. Three hooks and the riffle box can be removed. All gas powered DW's I have seen have the riffle box suspended from the hopper and removable.

The second photo shows the riffles, its laser cut from one piece of steel folded, bent, etc. and then welded where its needed to make it strong. Click on each photo 3 times and you will expand the photo to full size so you can see the details of the riffles.

pvpu.jpg

h49q.jpg

Last edited:

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah... When it rains it pours! We've got 2 fords and a Toyota P.U. and the Toyota though 20 years older than the Fords is in better shape. You CAN'T kill a Toyota even with over 250,000 miles on it! I've been thinking of naming it "Timex" cause it just keeps on ticking away.

Just let us know when you've had a chance to field test that Royal. Inquiring minds want to know......

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What I mean is that my tray seperates from the box that holds the counterweighted fan assembly. I can leave the machine in place, and slide the tray out. Then, bring the tray back to my wash area, shake the tray down, and see if I have anything. There is a snap on the head, and the foot of the ?riffle box? that holds the riffle tray in. The tray fits in a 5 as well. Couple taps with my 5/16 nutdriver, and I am pannin.

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What I mean is that my tray seperates from the box that holds the counterweighted fan assembly. I can leave the machine in place, and slide the tray out. Then, bring the tray back to my wash area, shake the tray down, and see if I have anything. There is a snap on the head, and the foot of the ?riffle box? that holds the riffle tray in. The tray fits in a 5 as well. Couple taps with my 5/16 nutdriver, and I am pannin.

The Royal DW will allow me to fold the riffles back out of the riffle box and slide the tray out if I should choose as well. Just found it easier to place a pan under the riffle box to remove the concentrate. With Monsoon season quickly approaching Drywashering days will be numbered as the soil will be to damp to process. Clouds are already building in the late afternoons south of Tucson.

juliapeter

Tenderfoot
May 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ruben the particular blower is actually part of our vac My partner and i designed. I have a new 5 gallon mess best bucket how the blower hooks up as well. The bucket possesses about three four inch holes bored stiff into your side in the bucket and so the blower can sketch air. The blower will likely be increased 15 inches width preceding walk out.
mood ring

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The second photo looks like an old riverbed as it sits along a dry wash today. If I go back in this area its without the Vac and just hand tools, but this one old guy has a hound dog that alerts the neighbors that someone or something is in the desert. Without giving out any details of the area I had been working you can see in the Google shot all the ravines / canyons in the area along with all the homes.

View attachment 801950

The area a few of us are going to work with the drywasher on Saturday. This area for the most part is all claimed and we will be working claims.

View attachment 801962

I see some fault lines that look inviting :icon_thumleft:

JeromeAz

May 31, 2013
My mistake that's Canada Del Oro. OK from looking at the pictures and the map it looked like it. Finding gold close to town would be nice but the Santa Rita's aren't too far.

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My mistake that's Canada Del Oro. OK from looking at the pictures and the map it looked like it. Finding gold close to town would be nice but the Santa Rita's aren't too far.

JeromeAz are you in Tucson?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread