My New Silver μMax

g-dawg

May 11, 2011
After hours of research and reading a number of reviews, I settled on a new Silver μMax, which I ordered from Woodland Detectors. I must say that I am not at all disappointed in my purchase! This detector definitely gets the job done. I am impressed by how well it nails a target dead-on. I also am impressed by the people at Tesoro HQ. During my research phase, I called there for info and, just as many have stated on this forum, a real person answered the phone on the first ring! I was very kindly treated and was connected to Robert who answered all my questions. My only question now is, "Why did I wait so long to join "Club Tesoro?" Looking forward to many great hunts!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet if nobody welcomed you already.

You have learned what good customer service is all about. Garrett, White's and Fisher are in this group and Minelab is catching up again. They stumbled and fell on their kisser once in the near past.

The difference with Tesoro is it is for LIFE. :headbang:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
g-dawg said:
After hours of research and reading a number of reviews, I settled on a new Silver μMax, which I ordered from Woodland Detectors. I must say that I am not at all disappointed in my purchase! This detector definitely gets the job done. I am impressed by how well it nails a target dead-on. I also am impressed by the people at Tesoro HQ. During my research phase, I called there for info and, just as many have stated on this forum, a real person answered the phone on the first ring! I was very kindly treated and was connected to Robert who answered all my questions. My only question now is, "Why did I wait so long to join "Club Tesoro?" Looking forward to many great hunts!

Welcome to the "Family," G-Dawg!

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
G-Dawg,

Welcome aboard the Tesoro express. You're going to love it here.

The Silver uMax is a fantastic detector.

If looking for add-ons, the 12x10 coil gets some amazing depth, much deeper than you may expect; the 5.75" coil is good one for use in trashy areas like parks and will give you good depth of about 6"; and lastly, the rain/dust cover will keep your unit protected if you're out in the field and get caught in a storm.

Have fun with your Tesoro and we look forward to hearing how it works for you.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
You went the right way when you got the Tesoro.................. You will not be sorry..

DetectorOCD

Sep 22, 2010
Dallastown, PA
Detector(s) used
TESORO!
Listen for those faint whispers. Those are the deep signals with that machine. You'll love it and it can get some serious depth!

rws51

May 12, 2009
The Silver µmax is an excellent detector. Nothing in its price range even comes close to its performace. Add the hot little 5.75 coil and you have a detector that will pull the good targets out of
those trashy parks. Learn the Silvers language. The sounds it makes will tell you lots about what is under the coil.

Roger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions