Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Went exploring today ,I have permission on hundreds of acres just outside my back door .
I came upon these along what I felt was a logging road and thought I'd post some eye candy.
I'm hoping these sites are as productive as they would appear. digging starts in the morning while others are hungover. Happy new year to all

would anyone like to estimate the ages? the one made of stone is much older I'm sure.
the brick one was a big house with two chimneys 20191231_122857.jpg 20191231_122941.jpg

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'll do great there even if it's been hit before!

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I Went exploring today ,I have permission on hundreds of acres just outside my back door .
I came upon these along what I felt was a logging road and thought I'd post some eye candy.
I'm hoping these sites are as productive as they would appear. digging starts in the morning while others are hungover. Happy new year to all

would anyone like to estimate the ages? the one made of stone is much older I'm sure.
the brick one was a big house with two chimneys View attachment 1784957 View attachment 1784958

Yeah I noticed the two chimneys. Good luck with both.

OP
OP
ticndig

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the stone chimney is laid dry , true craftsmanship to stand this long.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good Luck at this very promising site! :icon_thumleft:

Low and slow and cover everything twice; different angles! :icon_thumleft:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im drooling wow great place to hunt bet theres tons of cool stuff dont forget to check the Chimney people like to hide stuff there and also trees by the house large rocks wowza have fun and Happy new year hope to see some finds posted tomorrow Good luick

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a promising looking site! The brick chimney belonged to a family who most likely had some silver jingling in their pockets. Good luck!

OP
OP
ticndig

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the brick chimney house is big , another chimney on the far end . brick foundation is still in place and looks to be about 25'x75' in size. I hope for some silver . the rock house was about 20'x30' in size . anyone have any ideas of age ?

Last edited:

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some wealthy plantations ( I believe the brick chimney is plantation age, and the rock chimney may have been built by a slave family ), if the ingredients were on site, made their own bricks. Many did not. Each maker sold most of their production, and their style would be unique in some ways from others. If you can find the same brick ( similar color and ingredients ) in local preserved historical homes or buildings, you may be able to date the bricks, roughly.

Your finds are going to put a date on the sites, also. Good luck!

OP
OP
ticndig

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the input . I'll report back on my finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread