My OLDest silver yet.. (1716-1726 cut 2 reale)

U

umrgolf

Good evening Tnet..All weekend, my partner and I worked the same site that gave up the 1788 reales. So far this is the 7th spanish silver and 6th LC to come off the site.... Anyway back to today, I got the wheatie around 10AM and from then until around 1PM I only had 2 flat buttons to show for myself. Then, out of nowhere, I get a clad quarter reading 2 inches down and pull up the 1820 LC which makes four on the year now. Not 12 ft in front of that I get a 63-64 signal (a tad above a zinc penny) and pull out this beauty!! 1/2 of a 2 reale pistareen! :headbang: From the J, below the roman numeral II, we were able to date it from 1716-1726.. HH Jeff

half of 2 reale & 1820 LC uncleaned
IMG_0022.JPG

Silver plated pocket watch, ornate finial, 2 flat buttons, etc
IMG_0023.JPG

Lead (1 musketball)
IMG_0024.JPG

Pottery shards
IMG_0025.JPG

Group shot 1939 wheat, 1820 LC, 1716-1726 2 reale
IMG_0026.JPG

Obverse cleaned
IMG_0027.JPG

Reverse cleaned
IMG_0028.JPG

Upvote 0
OP
OP
U

umrgolf

Iron Patch said:
umrgolf2000 said:
Iron Patch said:
umrgolf2000 said:
Iron Patch said:
CMDiamonddawg said:
Aye , Captain Morgan :laughing7:

I only have to see the words to taste it. Used to drink like a :fish: At 23 I probably looked like my avatar! :D (and maybe not too far from it right now) :laughing7:

Lmao, I just hope ur wardrobe looks like that

I was just thinking how funny it would be if I actually made myself look that way and posted some pics of us out detecting. Man people would feel bad thinking they were cracking jokes all along, but it was really me! :laughing9:

Dude you should do it... when i was in college me and my roomates used to put on gorilla masks and leopard thongs and run around campus drunk :laughing7: Mite even need to dust off the trusty banana suit

I'm a bit older than you.... so our conehead mask was probably no longer in style. ;D I can't remember what the other one was, but there was two. Anyway, all the boys would be completely stoned and the two with the masks would talk Chinese. It made no sense but damn it was funny! Kids... Don't try that at home! (better in a city far from your parents) :laughing7:

:laughing9: :laughing9: I was in a land far, far away :laughing7: Dang I miss those days... Even the days working as a golf professional... you talk about havin it made.. not a lot of money but TONS of perks if you know what I mean :smileinbox:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
umrgolf2000 said:
Iron Patch said:
umrgolf2000 said:
Iron Patch said:
umrgolf2000 said:
Iron Patch said:
CMDiamonddawg said:

I only have to see the words to taste it. Used to drink like a :fish: At 23 I probably looked like my avatar! :D (and maybe not too far from it right now) :laughing7:

I was just thinking how funny it would be if I actually made myself look that way and posted some pics of us out detecting. Man people would feel bad thinking they were cracking jokes all along, but it was really me! :laughing9:

Dude you should do it... when i was in college me and my roomates used to put on gorilla masks and leopard thongs and run around campus drunk :laughing7: Mite even need to dust off the trusty banana suit

I'm a bit older than you.... so our conehead mask was probably no longer in style. ;D I can't remember what the other one was, but there was two. Anyway, all the boys would be completely stoned and the two with the masks would talk Chinese. It made no sense but damn it was funny! Kids... Don't try that at home! (better in a city far from your parents) :laughing7:

:laughing9: :laughing9: I was in a land far, far away :laughing7: Dang I miss those days... Even the days working as a golf professional... you talk about havin it made.. not a lot of money but TONS of perks if you know what I mean :smileinbox:

Ok then Woodsie! ;D

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

Iron Patch said:
umrgolf2000 said:
Iron Patch said:
umrgolf2000 said:
Iron Patch said:
umrgolf2000 said:
Iron Patch said:
CMDiamonddawg said:

Ok then Woodsie! ;D

Haha, just a couple billion dollars short... But the lifestyle, maybe ::) Nah, I was a good kid :laughing9:

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Jeff, that cut two reales is sweet! You have been tearing it up recently.

We'll be getting out this weekend for the first time in a while. There is a good thaw going on here.

Kyle

Damn Yankee

Greenie
Jan 1, 2010
Utah
Detector(s) used
Cortes, S. Umax, Omega, E-Trac, White's M6...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumleft: Awesome finds thanks for this thread.

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! What I'd do to dig a reale

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic finds. I dream of Jeannie and finding silver.....;)

Quote:63-64 signal (a tad above a zinc penny) and pull out this beauty!! 1/2 of a 2 reale pistareen!

The quote above just goes to show that you must dig everything, even when you 'know' your machine. I know I don't dig everything, especially when I am tired. This post makes me regret all those times I didn't suck it up and keep digging everything.

Thanks for the pics!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread