My proud Garrett At-Pro Int + Big Nel

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome that coil is huge

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Not going to miss much below that coil!

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An ace 2 fiddy, with a huge coil, being operated by a cave man, can find deep stuff, and things, mkay??

Do you ever have anything nice or not smart a**ed to say? Just wondering, mkay

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
A blind caveman, with zero experience, with a big azz coil, at night, in a snowstorm, with the flu, can find really really really deep stuff with a big coil. No brainer. Is that nice enough for you tough guy? Just kidding K, I love you man. No, I do. I respect you, you run atpro. LMAO..

Mr.T

Sep 10, 2010
France
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice set - up! Good luck with it and post some pictures! hh

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A blind caveman, with zero experience, with a big azz coil, at night, in a snowstorm, with the flu, can find really really really deep stuff with a big coil. No brainer. Is that nice enough for you tough guy? Just kidding K, I love you man. No, I do. I respect you, you run atpro. LMAO..

Good try at being nice but you still need some work mkay

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks not much you can do about people protected by a screen. Lol. Face to face I might have said way more but I don't have anything to prove to anyone. Good luck in 2015

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was pretty disappointment with my nels big 15x18 i sold it after 3 months

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought the tornado for my at gold and will give a full review once this snow melts a bit. I got it for the less trashy areas and farm fields. I will carry the 5x8 with me when I get in a trashy site. I will try it in the heavy trash but not expecting it to preform like the 5x8 does in the trash. Like I said I bought it for the farm fields and open less trashy areas. Air test at home so far blow away 5x8 and stock at pro coil from my at pro on depth. Almost 2" diff from stock at pro coil and 3" on stock gold coil. Dusty was that coil for your 350 or your at pro? I'm sure this coil is going to get better depth and it covers more ground. I hope the chatter isn't bad but it seemed about as stable as the stock at pro cool in the house so I believe it's going to do fine. Report to follow after a test run with the at gold. I will try coil in all metal and disc modes. This coil will not work on at pro because of freq diff which is kinda weird to me since I can use the stock at pro coil on the gold. Good luck this year everyone.

Last edited:

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dusty was that coil for your 350 or your at pro?

The nels big i had was for my ace350 it did add 2 inches air testing but i never found anything deep with it ...it had a real problem picking up targets by other metals ....it was really bad on wet sand and the pinpointing was hella tough ....i found the stock dd coil worked best ...i have i dont have any coils except the stock 8.5x11 dd for the at pro....id like to try the 5x8 to see if it likes rusty nails as much as the bigger dd coil....ohh yeh i almost forgot the nels big 15x18 coil weighs 243 pounds so you need big arms to swing it

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The nels big i had was for my ace350 it did add 2 inches air testing but i never found anything deep with it ...it had a real problem picking up targets by other metals ....it was really bad on wet sand and the pinpointing was hella tough ....i found the stock dd coil worked best ...i have i dont have any coils except the stock 8.5x11 dd for the at pro....id like to try the 5x8 to see if it likes rusty nails as much as the bigger dd coil....ohh yeh i almost forgot the nels big 15x18 coil weighs 243 pounds so you need big arms to swing it

I would pick up the 5x8 if you can, it makes a huge diff. The tornado is smaller than the big and isn't too heavy. The tornado is bigger than the stock at pro coil though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread