diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to get out to a couple sales myself this weekend and i'm glad I did. I found several mentionables. The first is this vintage Corvette Club jacket from 1976, paid $1-

DSC02727.jpg DSC02728.jpg

I also found an ashtray (WW2?) that is embossed USS SPIKEFISH S.S. 404 on it, very cool, another $1-

DSC02739.jpg

An older sharpening stone made by the Carborundum Company, Niagara Falls, never used, in the box, same $1-

DSC02740.jpg

Last but not least were two boxes (50-60 pcs.) of Laboratory Pyrex beakers, condensers, pipettes, test tubes, themometers and all kinds of stuff that I have no clue as to what it is. But I know that it is worth more than the $20 I paid for the two box fulls. I found one piece already that I can double to triple my money on. :icon_thumleft: I may just list it all for $100 starting bid.

DSC02736.jpg

Thanks for looking!

70monte68

Aug 8, 2010
PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T2 SE
TEKNETICS T2 SE (back up)
MINELAB EXCALIBUR 2,
WHITES MX SPORT
Cool jackets! Good luck

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the Pyrex stuff.

Careful, don't let the DEA know, they'll think you are wanting to make something!

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the jacket... funny how people sometimes sell stuff like that for a couple bucks thinking that nobody would be interested in it because its old, worn & personalized.

centfladigger

Feb 6, 2008
Florida
very cool finds, I am notcing alot of snowbird mobile home parks are starting to have community yards sales here in Central Fl

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Nice finds, Dig!!!

Your find of the lab glass reminded me of a story. I once went to an auction that had a skid of high end lab glass. It was jammed into a corner, and it was planned to sell near the end of the day, so I thought I would score the skid for $200, and would go up to $400 if need be. The opening bid was $500, and sold for $800. I wasted an entire day waiting for something that I thought I could get for cheap. I laugh about it now, but it was a frustrating day back then.

FWIW, funky lab glass sells very well at an modern/mid-century antique mall in our area.

clorox

Jun 1, 2012
Northern California
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice! Lab glass looks like it starts some crazy bidding wars. And that ashtray is very very neat! I spent a night on the Pampanito, a submarine from the same class as the Spikefish, and you could barely breath from the diesel fumes -- adding cigarette smoke to that is insane!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread