diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to get out to a couple sales myself this weekend and i'm glad I did. I found several mentionables. The first is this vintage Corvette Club jacket from 1976, paid $1-

DSC02727.jpgDSC02728.jpg

I also found an ashtray (WW2?) that is embossed USS SPIKEFISH S.S. 404 on it, very cool, another $1-

DSC02739.jpg

An older sharpening stone made by the Carborundum Company, Niagara Falls, never used, in the box, same $1-

DSC02740.jpg

Last but not least were two boxes (50-60 pcs.) of Laboratory Pyrex beakers, condensers, pipettes, test tubes, themometers and all kinds of stuff that I have no clue as to what it is. But I know that it is worth more than the $20 I paid for the two box fulls. I found one piece already that I can double to triple my money on. :icon_thumleft: I may just list it all for $100 starting bid.

DSC02736.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Cool jackets! Good luck

I like the Pyrex stuff.

Careful, don't let the DEA know, they'll think you are wanting to make something!

I like the jacket... funny how people sometimes sell stuff like that for a couple bucks thinking that nobody would be interested in it because its old, worn & personalized.

very cool finds, I am notcing alot of snowbird mobile home parks are starting to have community yards sales here in Central Fl

Nice finds, Dig!!!

Your find of the lab glass reminded me of a story. I once went to an auction that had a skid of high end lab glass. It was jammed into a corner, and it was planned to sell near the end of the day, so I thought I would score the skid for $200, and would go up to $400 if need be. The opening bid was $500, and sold for $800. I wasted an entire day waiting for something that I thought I could get for cheap. I laugh about it now, but it was a frustrating day back then.

FWIW, funky lab glass sells very well at an modern/mid-century antique mall in our area.

Very nice! Lab glass looks like it starts some crazy bidding wars. And that ashtray is very very neat! I spent a night on the Pampanito, a submarine from the same class as the Spikefish, and you could barely breath from the diesel fumes -- adding cigarette smoke to that is insane!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back