My theory on the Peralta Stone Maps and my quest to prove it.

peralta

Sep 28, 2011
oahu hawaii
Detector(s) used
Whites 2-box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello corazon de oro, I just wanted to tell you that I have seen 3" hearts and many that are 20' high.my favoite marking is the horses head with reins. Good luck.

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello corazon de oro, I just wanted to tell you that I have seen 3" hearts and many that are 20' high.my favoite marking is the horses head with reins. Good luck.

Aloha,

Yes Peralta, I too have found some hearts. Just praising Chuck on his search. He now has a plethora of hearts.

He now has to pick the right heart to go before the priest and end his quest with a happily ever after.

All I can do is wish him the best as we see his quest unfold before us.

Aloha,
Homar P. Olivarez

OP
OP
393stroker

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aloha,

Yes Peralta, I too have found some hearts. Just praising Chuck on his search. He now has a plethora of hearts.

He now has to pick the right heart to go before the priest and end his quest with a happily ever after.

All I can do is wish him the best as we see his quest unfold before us.

Aloha,
Homar P. Olivarez

Thanks for wishing me good luck Homar. I`m just a regular guy and I only have so many tricks up my sleeve. But one thing that I learned in this journey of life, is to follow my own hearts compass. There`s probably nothing out there, and if there is, I`ll probably never find it. But I don`t want to go to my grave not knowing without even trying. There are a couple of places of interest that I want to hike to. Hopefully there will be more than three rocks stacked up. I made a major move yesterday and traded in my dually for a new Ford Raptor(overkill) so I can do some four wheeling and not worry so much about getting stuck. I`m not too keen on planning anything but I`m sort of leaning to heading back out there with my brother sometime in October. A couple of others said they may join us, but it`s the timing that throws everything all out of wack. Take it easy, Chuck

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G'moring 393, you posted ->But I don`t want to go to my grave not knowing without even trying

Spoken like a true adventurer and t hunter Join me for coffee in the patio?

Don Jose de La Mancha

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Filed a one square mile mining claim in the tonto national forest today. this site is guarded.

Someone left the gate open again, the bulls got out and SH*T all over the place
Good Grief Charle Brown

Alan

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pics,Chuck.
Looks like you had a good time out there, and gives me the itch that I'll just have to endure for a couple more weeks I guess.
That cave looks to be a suitable habitat for someone inclined to stay awhile.

Regards:SH.

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pictures Chuck. Good to see you've still got boots on the ground instead of beating on a key board. I'm pulling for you all the way.

OP
OP
393stroker

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
POSSIBL AREA OF WALTS` DOODLE.jpg JULIA MAP.jpg I started from Rodgers Trough Trailhead and headed north towards the cave dwellings,then on around the bend to the base of the heart where I found the saddle and supplies. I climbed to get some elevation and camped out across from the heart shape. The next day I climbed all over the heart looking for clues that might match the Latin Heart. I didn`t find much, but a chimney shute that was blocked by falling stones on the back side of the high point, no caves or mines. There was a 5 ft. heart shaped boulder leaning on another rock in the middle of the heart that reminded me of 127 hrs. so I stayed clear of it. When on top of the heart I saw some caves across the ridge to the south that I wanted to check out, but I needed to refill the camelback. So I worked my way back down the other side of the heart and took a break back at the camp under a shade tree. I had some daylight left so I went to the cave below the heart. Thats when I came across the rattle snake. So I backed off and went another way over a big boulder at a dried up waterfall.When I was coming from the cave back down the boulder I lost my walking stick and it fell to the bottom of the waterfall. So I climbed down to get it and there was a big black snake there, it must have been an old one that lost it`s rattler or maybe it was another kind,but he crawled away so I could get my Wilson(as in Castaway). But I still think I`m in the area of the stones, maybe the heart shape is what you can see from on top of White Mt. as you look across the canyon to the other side. If you compare the heart it match`s up pretty close, and the stones seem to me anyway to match up on Cimeron/White Mts. HEART INSERT MAP, 33`28.530n111`13.280w.jpg I also searched an area NW of Queens Creek where I thought there could be another stone map but all I found was some old TV sets that someone was using for target practice. When I went to look at the other caves I came across a tunnel or chimney shute that went down about 10 ft.. I went down the hill to an opening at its base and climbed inside. The floor was loose dirt and rocks, and when I started poking around the sand was fallind down into it, so it must have been deeper.According to GE if you climb to the top of the heart and look to the north you would see what looks like the Waltz doodle, and to the west it looks like maybe the Julia Map.

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chuck:

Looks like the saddle and panniers were abandoned.
Could it be that someone's pack horse or mule ran off and this is where he and his burden parted company?
If so, then the owner's probably still looking for his gear, if not his animal as well.

Last edited:
OP
OP
393stroker

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chuck:

Looks like the saddle and panniers were abandoned.
Could it be that someone's pack horse or mule ran off and this is where he and his burden parted company?
If so, then the owner's probably still looking for his gear, if not his animal as well.

I just hope that nothing happened to the guy that left it behind. The last time I was there in July I thought I saw a man above on top of the Mt. where I`m betting there is a mine. For you guys that are getting ready to hike in let me give you some advice; pack in all the water that you will need, but travel light as possible. Don`t take more of anything than you will need for the time you will need it. Take some insect repellent,camp to the east of shade,go slow on purpose and look ahead for good footing. If you build a fire make sure you clear out a wide area, and don`t let a fire burn when you sleep.Tie a dumby cord to anything that would come loose. DO NOT eat the freeze dried eggs and bacon from Walmart.Stack up rocks to mark your trail when needed and look behind you every once and awhile so you can get some reference on the way out.If you see a cactus in your way, go the other way.Take some tweezers with a good wide tip.Take apples and oranges and jerky.Take electrolites to add to your water. A must have is some kind of a walking stick and a camera. Be aware of snakes down in the low cool areas. If something goes bad don`t panic, just work it out.If something looks unsafe it probably is, so avoid it. Make sure that somebody knows where your planning on going and don`t go alone if at all possible.The main thing is to be smart and be safe. Chuck

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just hope that nothing happened to the guy that left it behind. The last time I was there in July I thought I saw a man above on top of the Mt. where I`m betting there is a mine. For you guys that are getting ready to hike in let me give you some advice; pack in all the water that you will need, but travel light as possible. Don`t take more of anything than you will need for the time you will need it. Take some insect repellent,camp to the east of shade,go slow on purpose and look ahead for good footing. If you build a fire make sure you clear out a wide area, and don`t let a fire burn when you sleep.Tie a dumby cord to anything that would come loose. DO NOT eat the freeze dried eggs and bacon from Walmart.Stack up rocks to mark your trail when needed and look behind you every once and awhile so you can get some reference on the way out.If you see a cactus in your way, go the other way.Take some tweezers with a good wide tip.Take apples and oranges and jerky.Take electrolites to add to your water. A must have is some kind of a walking stick and a camera. Be aware of snakes down in the low cool areas. If something goes bad don`t panic, just work it out.If something looks unsafe it probably is, so avoid it. Make sure that somebody knows where your planning on going and don`t go alone if at all possible.The main thing is to be smart and be safe. Chuck

That's a pretty good list there Chuck - I can't argue with anything you suggested!

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice pics Chuck. On Google, your Picasa.

OP
OP
393stroker

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pics Chuck. On Google, your Picasa.
You should have went with me, it was all good.But I think it would be better to go in after a good rain, I didn`t see water anywhere.

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just managed to put my transmission in my truck in the last 4 days, plus i had the mine here for the last week removing the poisonous dirt from my yard.
So,i had to be here.
But,maybe next time for sure.
I am putting my old LC-1 harness back together,filling it back up and getting it ready as a BOB anyway.
Have a fanny pack on it also. Plus the basics. It used to be my SAR bag.
I used to have an Alice pack,but will have to buy something else smaller anyway.
Or, 1 Alice,and something smaller.

I thought there was water in rough canyon. I know there should be water all year in Rogers trough canyon.
I will look at a topo,is there a spring around White, Iron, or Cimmaron? I thought there was.
I will see where you went on a topo.
I have all the topo's for my area on my pc.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread