My theory on the Peralta Stone Maps and my quest to prove it.

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every time that I see LDM threads (on this site and others) with aerial overlays, I fail to see even the slightest resemblance to the overlaid "map". Is it just me or do some of you guys have an extra sense that some of us don't have? Or maybe a better imagination. :icon_scratch:

And I still don't believe that there is any way that the tools of the time would enable anyone to map in this way.

V

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every time that I see LDM threads (on this site and others) with aerial overlays, I fail to see even the slightest resemblance to the overlaid "map". Is it just me or do some of you guys have an extra sense that some of us don't have? Or maybe a better imagination. :icon_scratch:

And I still don't believe that there is any way that the tools of the time would enable anyone to map in this way.

V

it's not just you vor, there's at least 2 of us now :). I won't say I don't see stuff EVERY time, but it's WAYYYYYYYY more often than not that I don't.

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
I have to agree. Sometimes there is one thing on the map which is a fairly close match to what's on the ground, but nothing else matches. As has been said before by several people, that can be accomplished with just about any Google Earth shot of anywhere in the World, just by zooming in or out until one line or squiggle matches something.

The only thing I've seen so far that has several match-ups is Cactus Jumper's topographic map mark-up.

...Just calling it like I see it.

OP
OP
393stroker

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cross overlay.jpg PREIST OVERLAY.jpg Here`s some more overlays I`ve bee working on. It seems to me that a few of the stones converge in this one area. It could very well be that I am way off. For now all I can do is follow my gut and maybe someday soon go there to explore the area.You`ll have to overlay it yourself to see if it fits like I say. Chuck

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Somehiker,

That may be the best Hal-lucination yet. Shouldn't be far from the rabbit hole.

Homar

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Chuck

You try hard but you haven't the " touch " . Maybe someday after of many exercises you will be able to make a good overlay . Maybe you must find other method . No surrender .
To try is the half of the success . I understand how in this forum , some " teachers " who have a theory , they believe how their theory is the right and don't try to search an other . Moreover they deride those who are trying .
Chuck , don't be discouraged , because the one who will laugh to the end , he will laugh better .

Marius

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Chuck

I give you a little help . I post a picture which show where the trail of the stone maps start ( in my opinion ) .
The trail start from the red point and go east .

Stone maps trail start.jpg

Marius

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
Uh... Those are not Theories, they are Ideas or maybe you could stretch them into Hypotheses. You may be right about your thoughts, but that does not make them theories.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi dejapooh

Are not Theories , are not Hypotheses , are something else . To start of this point was author's Idea .

Marius

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As long as you're there the third weekend in October, froggy ! :3some:
It might be the best place from which to begin or renew any search.:happy3:
Might even make a few new friends.

View attachment smiley.bmp

Regards:SH.

Loke

Mar 24, 2010
Republic of Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In _my_ (not so humble) opinion - any kind of overlay is doomed to fail - it will only be correct if you get the scale 100% right - and so far, I ain't seen any overlay yet that makes me say "that's the one". Granted, you can make a match with almost any scale - big or small - but not a single one of them is anything like the match yall should be looking for (with one single exception - and that's SH's rabbit!!) With all due respect, but 99% of the overlays is just a laugh and humorous addition to a nonsense collection (and I apologize for ruffling anyone's feathers)

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In _my_ (not so humble) opinion - any kind of overlay is doomed to fail - it will only be correct if you get the scale 100% right - and so far, I ain't seen any overlay yet that makes me say "that's the one". Granted, you can make a match with almost any scale - big or small - but not a single one of them is anything like the match yall should be looking for (with one single exception - and that's SH's rabbit!!) With all due respect, but 99% of the overlays is just a laugh and humorous addition to a nonsense collection (and I apologize for ruffling anyone's feathers)

It may be just your opinion Loke, but it's certainly mine as well! :icon_thumleft:

The other thing that makes me shake my head is all the photographs posted of "obvious" carvings of stone out in the Superstitions. Seems to me that for every Spanish miner digging ore out of the rich mines, there must have been 2 or more guys out carving rocks all day long in order for there to be signs around every corner out there.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
froggy

Everybody have a start point . The matter is the end point or the target . A small number of hunters try to reach the end point but they haven't knowledge . Many hunters have knowledge but are stuck in the Maze . In my search , I have my rules , my options , and the others just follow me .

Marius

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
CJB,

The Stone Maps are no longer at the Mining and Mineral Museum. They are now located at the Superstition Mountain Museum. It's likely, that will be their final home.

Joe Ribaudo

Sorry JOE:

Thier fakes too or copies if you prefer, I,ll say 100% not real. I'm not saying SMM is up to it, there just displaying what they were giving.

Take Care Wrmickel1

peralta

Sep 28, 2011
oahu hawaii
Detector(s) used
Whites 2-box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You people make fun of the map but its full of mines.hopefully you will all study it and learn.now I hope yous will use this map as a tool.

Azhiker

Jan 8, 2010
wrmickel1

I believe you are partially correct. It is my opinion the stone maps now in possession of the SMHS Museum are copies. That does not mean they are fakes or even forgeries. It is my opinion they are a faithful reproduction of the originals and were donated originally as copies. The problem and confusion is centered around the issue that no one today can produce the original acquisition paperwork that shows the stone maps being donated.

I came to this conclusion after examining the maps the SMHS Museum now has, and through speaking with the following individuals:
Lee Hammons, former assistant curator of the Arizona Mines and Mineral Museum at the time the maps were donated.
Paul Dean, former Arizona Republic columnist.
Horace M. Coggins, former head of the Arizona Mining Association at the time the stone maps were donated and former director of the Arizona Mines and Mineral Museum.
Ray Grant, former President and head curator of the AL Flagg Foundation at the time the maps were donated.
Frank Knight, Director and curator of the Az. Mines and Mineral Museum at the time the maps were donated and Lee Hammons direct supervisor.
John Jett, Director and curator of the Az. Mines and Mineral Museum following Frank Knight's resignation as Director and Lee Hammons direct supervisor.
Elgin Klewald, former vice president of MOEL Corporation 1960 - 1965.

It is my personal conclusion the original stone maps were donated in 1969 and a copy of the stone maps donated or acquired shortly after. The original maps disapeared when the Arizona Mining Association turned the Mineral Museum over to the Arizona Department of Mines and Mineral Resources. What was left is the copy of the originals which the SMHS Museum has today. This is my own personal opinion.

Azhiker

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
wrmickel1

I believe you are partially correct. It is my opinion the stone maps now in possession of the SMHS Museum are copies. That does not mean they are fakes or even forgeries. It is my opinion they are a faithful reproduction of the originals and were donated originally as copies. The problem and confusion is centered around the issue that no one today can produce the original acquisition paperwork that shows the stone maps being donated.

I came to this conclusion after examining the maps the SMHS Museum now has, and through speaking with the following individuals:
Lee Hammons, former assistant curator of the Arizona Mines and Mineral Museum at the time the maps were donated.
Paul Dean, former Arizona Republic columnist.
Horace M. Coggins, former head of the Arizona Mining Association at the time the stone maps were donated and former director of the Arizona Mines and Mineral Museum.
Ray Grant, former President and head curator of the AL Flagg Foundation at the time the maps were donated.
Frank Knight, Director and curator of the Az. Mines and Mineral Museum at the time the maps were donated and Lee Hammons direct supervisor.
John Jett, Director and curator of the Az. Mines and Mineral Museum following Frank Knight's resignation as Director and Lee Hammons direct supervisor.
Elgin Klewald, former vice president of MOEL Corporation 1960 - 1965.

It is my personal conclusion the original stone maps were donated in 1969 and a copy of the stone maps donated or acquired shortly after. The original maps disapeared when the Arizona Mining Association turned the Mineral Museum over to the Arizona Department of Mines and Mineral Resources. What was left is the copy of the originals which the SMHS Museum has today. This is my own personal opinion.

Azhiker

K.R.,

I have always maintained that what we are seeing, is not the same stones as the originals. I don't know what WRM is saying and have no desire to take him off ignore to find out. I would agree with you that the originals are no longer available for public viewing, and their present location is unknown to most folks.

In my opinion, you are the person who is most likely to provide us with some semblance of the truth of the matter, assuming we can trust you to tell us that truth.

I still enjoy reading your posts but I am, understandably, somewhat cautious.

Take care,

Joe

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
peralta

I don't make fun with the stone map . I believe how in the area of the map are many mines , but this map show only one mine , and it is in the end of the trail .

Marius

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread