OP
Easy

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree...kill them with kindness! Some of my best professional relationships have started out with me absolutely hating the client/customer I was dealing with but when I started being super nice to them I developed great relationships where in they knew they could always count that I would have their best interest at heart & take good care of them. But I also agree that the tellers that are refusing coin or coming up with all sorts of "charges" that their "regional bosses" are "forcing" them to charge their customers is probably a lie 99.9% of the time. They are lazy & do not want to do their job. They are a bank & therefore should accept & exchange any legal tender, ESPECIALLY if you actually have an acct with them. Honestly, if someone gives you a hard time & you feel you are correct & within reason of what you are asking the bank to do & they are refusing or giving you a hard time or attitude I would take it to corporate level. One thing I've learned working for a big corporation is that the corporate office will do almost anything to ensure their customer is happy (even if they are wrong but sitll within reason). But ALWAYS behave professionally & again, kill them all with kindness. It is really difficult for them to continue being mean to someone who is being so nice to them, unless they are heartless LOL Sorry for being so long winded....I'm done now :P

Yep, it would rarely come to that but getting in touch with corporate will adjust there attitude real quick. I would know, I work for a major worldwide company. If someone goes to corporate you are SCREWED. It does NOT matter who is right or wrong. Bottom line is if they are anything like my company they will go to the end of the earth for a customer IF AND ONLY IF they make a big stink. The way it works with these large companies is: if the complaint could in any way shape or form cost the company more than what the customer is requesting they will take care of it. Such as negative publicity. Something negative getting out about a large company will cost them much much more in the long run. Don't get me wrong, it's not like they really care it's all about dollars. So many times at work I have had to pay out to an idiotic customer who was dead wrong just because of the potential losses of negative publicity or lawsuits.
Send the teller giving all the dirty looks and finger pointing a nice little email to the president of the company, sit back and watch them hold the door for you next time. The ONLY reason you should be denied is if it is REALLY company policy. If at one branch they accommodate you it should be no different at the branch down the street or the next teller window. If company policy is to except the coin then he needs to shut up and do his job. I'm not saying don't kill them with kindness trust me it works I know I've done it and had results. If and only if someone is CONSISTANTLY giving you a hard time handle that ish.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread