My yard, looking for full time MDers

Mystro7

Mar 30, 2005
I went out today just messing around the yard. I have taken bits and pieces of information from posts you all have shared and have used it. Ill be dog-gone if I didnt find more coinage in my "hunted out" yard! Im sorry if I seem a little excited about 3 pennies and 2 nickles but the thing is, if I would not have used the info in your hunting stories I would have skipped these, like I did probly 3 or 4 times over. I even got the 2 nickles out of the same hole! Call me wierd but that one got me excited, well not pamela anderson excited...but you know what I mean! Just more wheats to add to my yard collection, 30 total now. I really just wanted to thank all of you, experienced and newbie for posting your finds and giving some info on what , and how you found them, it has actuaaly helped me out ALOT, more than the book lol! Also I have a friend who some years ago was laying sod in a guys yard, he lost his wedding band under the sod somewhere. He is going to ask the owner of the property for permission to see if I can lo cate the lost ring. The ring is a cheapo like mine, probly 14k. I took mine out today and burried it (my wife was gone at the time) to see what it would do on my meter, at different angles and depths. Thats one thing Ive learned from you all is angles make a big difference. That ring was in no way the same as anything ive dug before, at about 5 inches where I would easily pick up some coinage, I would have passed right over it cause it didnt even register on iron lol. That has shown me to dig everything! I messed with the settings on my machine and was able to get a better signal, and go deeper as well. I can see however where at the right angle a person could blow right past a ring and not even think twice. Ok here I go writing another novel! LOL Keep on posting with details, cause it sure does help! Now im gonna take all my coins I found today..go to k-mart......get a BOX of wine ...and celebrate! this drinks for YOU Mr.Metal detecting guy!!

Upvote 0

northeast hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2005
NEW HAMPSHIRE
Man glad to hear you are getting the hang of it ;). the best finds are yet to come ;D.good luck and H H o yea don't let the ball and chain see you bury the ring LOL :D

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
mystro, don't forget the sound of the faint double blip-sometimes means flat round pulltab but can also mean Gold ring. So HH and enjoy the Bordeaux.

M

mtl-huntr

Good job....I have definitely found out there is a huge learning curve...anyone can just turn it on and find stuff but the trick is knowing when to dig....

F

Floater

mtl-huntr said:
Good job....I have definitely found out there is a huge learning curve...anyone can just turn it on and find stuff but the trick is knowing when to dig....

Which is why I dig it all. Cause I is still Learned it in. ;) Good work Mystro and UUGGGHHH thanks for the Novellette. LOL HH

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado
Feels good when you know your on the right track, and getting used to your machine. It just gets better everyday!
I had a pro telling me to use string lines 4 ft apart or what ever you are comfy with and can swing steadily for a while.
This way you don't wander and you cover every square inch. This has made a huge difference to me when I have the chance to search that way.

OP
OP
Mystro7

Mystro7

Mar 30, 2005
LMAO! I never heard that one! Didnt know the had a MDing one, thanks for the link. I just had an angiogram done and was laughing so hard my artery almost burst open! :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread