Myrtle Beach net finds (meager to say the least)

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism IV / Bullseye II pinpointer
Hello again everyone and welcome back to Myrtle..er NORTH Myrtle Beach South Carolina. My wife and I arrived, as told in my last post, on Tuesday, but didn't get really going with some detecting until Wednesday morning. I neglected to upload a photo of my finds that last post so I'm including those finds here as well, though they are segregated from the later finds, meager though they are. I Know better than to doubt my equipment as it has proved itself reliable time and time again. I Can, however, doubt my use of said equipment, and do to some extent. I can't help but to have some nagging suspicions that perhaps I'm just not up to par yet on my MD'ing skills, even if I am still relatively new to the hobby. Oh well.. live and learn. I'm about to try to post some pictures here that everyone always ask for. Picture one is the accumulated finds from my beach experience from Tuesday night's stumbling in the dark couldn't wait to get on the beach teaser, through two trips Wednesday (morning and night) and three trips (different beaches) Thursday, which were mostly disappointing. Here we go...
Frodov\'s accumulated beach finds.JPG

That was pretty good I thought for a first timer on the beach. My wife snapped the next image of me and proclaimed it my "beach pose". At least she was looking at the frontside this time instead of seeing me heading off down the beach with my.. <ahem> other side facing her.

Frodov\'s Beach pose.JPG

Sadly, with self doubts in mind and not much else to show for it, here the next image shows what I was able to find today (Friday).. our last day of our Beach Vacation. We'll be loading up the car and heading back towards the Bluegrass State (Kentucky) in the morning. I don't know if I can talk my beloved into indulging me one or two more hours on another of the local beaches here (South Myrtle perhaps) for one last walk (hunt) in the sand before returning home to dirt and grass. <grin> Note: The large (2 ounce) fishing sinker was found at low tide, some 100 yards out from the high tide line.. and about 13 inches down under the sand (and shell mix). The way my detector kept beeping every time I rescanned what I thought was an empty hole (save for the sand and water that kept piling back in nearly as fast as I dug it out) I thought I might have stumbled onto a REALY nice find.. a BIG piece of gold jewelry or a watch or something... NAHHHHH!!! Just a lead sinker!

Frodov\'s Friday search finds.JPG

Oh well, it's all practice.. right? <grin> Keep hunting! and have fun!

Frodov

Upvote 0

TeddyB1967

Feb 23, 2007
Pennsylvania
Every coin counts, you just never know whatcha gonna get until you dig it up ;)
My hubby seems to always get my back side when taking pics, just dont know if he is trying too or if it's because it's so big thats all you can see ;D ;D

nealb

Jan 2, 2007
Omaha, NE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 and Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frodov - Finds are finds. The important thing is your out there swinging. Can't find anything if you're not doing that. I've had a slow week this week as well.

HH

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Nice finds...was that Bullseye II one of the finds? Way to pinpoint! ;D

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
Frodov,

Don't beat yourself up...........you got some great exercise, you got to see some great scenery... 8)...and you found some finds. So you didn't find that $5,000 diamond ring...that's ok. You also have to remember.........I just came back from there a few weeks ago........and when I was there, I saw at least 5-10 other MDers swinging away, too. Yet..........you STILL found some coins! That's good! So, don't beat yourself up. Ya did good!
--Mel

borninok

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
frodrov you got to go to the beach and detect it doesnt get better than that. No matter what your finds, just being able to watch the sun rise over the ocean is priceless. You all have a safe trip home and try to get back there soon
hh
dave+bobbie

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i am looking forward to going to the beach in august, going to folly beach i think, looks like you might have cleaned out myrtle ! just keep swinging you'll find some good stuff, and have fun ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions