Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the way home from work today I dropped by the 1830 property that had the one day CW battle (April 13, 1865) where I've dug a lot of my CW relics. Not finding much and having to head home, I decided to hit the yard quickly. I got a cr-ppy signal but dug it anyways. At about 6" I pulled out a rusty square nail. Then as all good detectorists should, I rescanned the hole. Yep, there was something else in the hole off to one side. About 2" deeper I pulled out this beauty of a CW bullet. :thumbsup:
This is the second one of these I found in this yard. I thought it was ID'd as some sort of Austrian variety last time. :icon_scratch:
That's all folks.
Bubba & I will be checking out a new spot on Saturday. Hopefully there are plenty of potted meat can for him to dig. :tongue3: :laughing9:
Have a great weekend.
-MM-

Attachments

• MVC-086S.JPG
    MVC-086S.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 828
  • MVC-087S.JPG
    MVC-087S.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 831
  • MVC-088S.JPG
    MVC-088S.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 826
Upvote 0

brnn53

Mar 31, 2006
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Tejon, T2 LTD, F75, & Nautilus DMC II B
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice minie Doug! Still looking for my first 69er.
Mike

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That would be an equivelant to a gold coin for me right about now >:( #$%&*$# snow!!!!!

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DMN said:
That could poke a hole in you...about the size of a manhole cover. Cool find.

LMAO! ;D
Thanks,
MM

brnn53 said:
Nice minie Doug! Still looking for my first 69er.
Mike

There's a few up here for you Mike. :wink: ;D
Have a great weekend,
Doug

civilman1 said:
That would be an equivelant to a gold coin for me right about now >:( #$%&*$# snow!!!!!

Joe,
Since you have snow, this would be a good time for you to polish up that cast iron eagle clock. ;D :wink:
You'll get em' soon buddy,
Doug

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
Nice bullet. I thought it was an Austrian myself but wasn't sure as it has a blunt nose. Mason and McKee have it listed as a Foreign rifled musket bullet and the NST price guide has it listed at $30 to $35. A lot better bullet than a regular .69 3 ring. :thumbsup: They also have that the bullet was used by both sides.

Hutch911

May 19, 2008
Linden, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX5000, Whites MXT, Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice find I love digging thoes 69's. they can really weigh down your pouch :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vayank54 said:
Nice bullet. I thought it was an Austrian myself but wasn't sure as it has a blunt nose. Mason and McKee have it listed as a Foreign rifled musket bullet and the NST price guide has it listed at $30 to $35. A lot better bullet than a regular .69 3 ring. :thumbsup: They also have that the bullet was used by both sides.

AWESOME!!!! :icon_thumleft: Thanks for that info. I enjoy digging $30 CW bullets, and that makes two of these now. :wink: ;D
Is that Mason and McKee you mention a book on CW bullets? If so, I better pick one up.
Thanks for the reply,
Doug

Hutch911 said:
Nice find I love digging thoes 69's. they can really weigh down your pouch :icon_thumright:

Thanks Hutch. You can bet I'll be over there looking for more now. :thumbsup:
-Doug-

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Where there are large civil war bullets, there are large civil war belt plates. Go get 'em, Dug!!! :thumbsup: Your next banner find is there on that property. CSA is what I'm seeing in my crystal ball.

Sir Kyle

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KylePA said:
Where there are large civil war bullets, there are large civil war belt plates. Go get 'em, Dug!!! :thumbsup: Your next banner find is there on that property. CSA is what I'm seeing in my crystal ball.

Sir Kyle

Sir Kyle,
Good to see you checking in. :icon_thumleft: I'm sure KKC is dying to get back out to detect. In the meantime, I'm sure you've been pinning down some more spot for the 2010 Colonial season. ;D
Hope you guys are doing well,
Sir Dugster of Eatingham
P.S. Attached is a picture of a gent I met in a UK antique store. He was quite amazed at my modern clad coin. :tongue3: :laughing9:

Attachments

• DSCN3691.JPG
    DSCN3691.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 276
OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rtde3 said:
Congrats on that big boy! :thumbsup:
I like finding pottery shards like those also. Some guys don't even keep them when they run across them. :icon_scratch:
But I think they help tell the story of the place you are hunting!
Keep at it Doug so we have something to look at up here while we wait for the snow to melt. :icon_pirat:

Thanks Rob.
I'm a shardaholic too. They look great in the relic displays, and sometimes that's all I find. ;D
I can almost feel those Shark Pit posts coming this spring. :icon_thumleft:
-Doug-

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ModernMiner said:
KylePA said:

Sir Kyle

Sir Kyle,
Good to see you checking in. :icon_thumleft: I'm sure KKC is dying to get back out to detect. In the meantime, I'm sure you've been pinning down some more spot for the 2010 Colonial season. ;D
Hope you guys are doing well,
Sir Dugster of Eatingham
P.S. Attached is a picture of a gent I met in a UK antique store. He was quite amazed at my modern clad coin. :tongue3: :laughing9:
Too funny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread