NCDigger11

Tenderfoot
Mar 8, 2019
NC
Detector(s) used
GARRETT AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found today in northern NC...... Im still in awe..... 133627912_194359252378092_3787007932007935264_n.jpg

Upvote 54

Trimbaker

Dec 27, 2020
NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excallibur II
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im not new to the hobby in anyway, Yes im new to this thread.... as far as a story, it was found in NC with my ATP what else do i need to say... give out GPS location and pic of plug? cmon guys.... welcome a new member dont be rude..... and its the same image you see on Facebook because its the same button I also posted there.....

hahaha, but maybe you could take a gps reading a couple of feet beside it...how about that? I am very careful to no take any pictures on site. Great find. Great rant too. Smiling, George.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i didnt insult anyone, i simply call it as it is...... this is one reason I didnt post here.... just madness...... if they feel im faking or not worthy they can scroll on or report me but i will stand up to BS....
I must have missed the madness, always late to the party.

Normally when people ask for a back story it's because it needs it to get banner votes. Therefore, they were complementing your rare find. Of course if your not bother about making banner, like me, then it really doesn't matter what you say or don't say.

Anyways, back to the find, as a Brit who follows these things, I can't remember any other example of this button posted, so it must be a rarity, so BIG CONGRATS on that. Plus you have it in great condition.

PS. some of us hate facebook like me, so not sure if that played into it or not, but that only bothers me if people don't put pictures on here & just a link.

stewielouie

May 14, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
MXT, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would start it out really dramatic. It was a cold winter day winds out of the north at 9 mph here in nc. I walked swinging my machine to the right and then left . [emoji3516](Now you finish [emoji23])

Now that’s a story I could get behind and want to read.

Not a troll either. Just skeptical of big finds for first posts with no back story.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a great find..., I have been chasing it myself. My Mentor has found 2 of them. Worthy of banner.

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always enjoy the story to go with the hunt , it's simply part of being a treasure hunter to dream of such a great find .
I see nothing odd about posting on other sites that you belong to and would do the same if I found such a nice button.
for the most part I'm happy to find flat buttons here but every once and in a while I get lucky .
I really like your button and have never seen one like it here at T-NET. It's a Banner worthy button for sure.

Prairie Prowler

May 7, 2006
Midwest ILL
Detector(s) used
Fisher1266-/ CZ-20 / Sovereign XS/Excalibur II / Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super Find ..ALOT of history right there ..How scarce are these buttons ?

cannonball

Feb 20, 2010
East Coast NJ
Detector(s) used
DEUS 11 Fisher F75ltd,TDI Minelab Excailber
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice find there my friend. Every time I look at mine I think about the NC version. There is a really nice one on ebay right now .... asking price- 4k . I conserved mine in water based polyurethane. I hope it was the right thing to do. Congratulations:icon_thumright:
USA buttons 4.jpg

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s one heck of a find! Congratulations on that one and welcome to TreasureNet.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I called them trolls after being questioned why it was also posted on facebook or questioned due to it being my first post, as if it was faked...... sorry but I throw it back man.... Im still confused on what kind of story people expect... u know where and what machine i found it with. what else can I tell without giving up location?
People sometimes post fake and ridiculous things so some people are a little on guard. That being said it is a cool find. Some people just like some detail on the find. Like was it dug in a park, a permission site, etc. Just little details. I don't think anyone is trying to get your exact spot or anything like that. But as others said no detail is necessary some just like to have it. Also not trying to pester you just explaining why some are acting as they do. The community is a good one don't want you to feel unwelcomed. Real awesome find I've not found anything even close to that good.

Mar 29, 2014
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Nautilus, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It is a great find..., I have been chasing it myself. My Mentor has found 2 of them. Worthy of banner.

Agree, banner worthy. On my list as well , over the years I’ve been beside two friends that dug one. One day . Best of luck to you.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i was walking in a field when I heard a signal and dug it.... thats all im giving sorry but ive met too many pirates in this hobby.

Great Find...! :icon_thumright:
I agree with you, as any beginner or pro detectorists, and maybe ALL Treasure Hunters in general, are a tiny bit, to themselves and the hobby, so they're reclusive, lost to the Search - but, to the People along the way, how are they treated...??
Welcome to this great Forum, TreasureNet...!
Anyway, take care, Good Luck and Happy Hunting!

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i was walking in a field when I heard a signal and dug it.... thats all im giving sorry but ive met too many pirates in this hobby.

These posts are kinda entertaining, actually :icon_thumright:

Was it a football field, cornfield, electro-magnetic field, ...? :laughing7:

Last edited:

Lost Signal

Mar 5, 2019
Lowcountry SC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Garrett 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is indeed a "find of a lifetime." Congrats!

Found a USA button not too long ago and now I'm hoping for something Rev War that's specific to SC.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Really a great looking button-Congrats on the recovery.

Gee from reading the thread it's a sham it went sideways so quick.

Posting up on 2 different platforms-is like mixing drinks-and the results are usually :tongue3:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll break the chain here and simply say : Congrats on an excellent button find.

vpone

Bronze Member
May 1, 2007
central pa
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, 11" & 15" coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wow great find!!!

vp

SC Keith

Aug 25, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the club. Its membership is small!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread