Clam Gulch, AK
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT E-series
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Apr 17, 2013
He's so naive, I do love that about him. He spends hours looking at maps, directing his dad to spots he finds, driving around in the middle of the desert. He asks a lot of questions, I was thinking about banning him (I'm sure some of you would like me to) but he does seriously research this for hours a day. Thanks to those who understand his age/questions....as out there as some may be :)
I will have him back off a little bit. I think secretly he's thinking someone lives by us and he's going to get lucky, but the truth is we live in the middle of no where (45 miles away from anything) & I'm pretty sure no one around here is getting rich off gold. I do not want to discourage him, even so. He's not some guy who's just on these forums asking people to give up their gold (although I saw he asked for a secret spot, lol) He doesn't understand sarcasm, I've tried to raise him different from how I was brought up. He sincerely loves this forum & he appreciates many of you and looks up to you.
I have neighbors who don't understand him....why does he like digging, detecting, etc when the only thing their boys want to do is play video games. Be easy on him, thanks for those who have been! May your new year be blessed! Sincerely,
Michelle (^was that spaced correctly? Jk lol)

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
He's so naive, I do love that about him. He spends hours looking at maps, directing his dad to spots he finds, driving around in the middle of the desert. He asks a lot of questions, I was thinking about banning him (I'm sure some of you would like me to) but he does seriously research this for hours a day. Thanks to those who understand his age/questions....as out there as some may be :) I will have him back off a little bit. I think secretly he's thinking someone lives by us and he's going to get lucky, but the truth is we live in the middle of no where (45 miles away from anything) & I'm pretty sure no one around here is getting rich off gold. I do not want to discourage him, even so. He's not some guy who's just on these forums asking people to give up their gold (although I saw he asked for a secret spot, lol) He doesn't understand sarcasm, I've tried to raise him different from how I was brought up. He sincerely loves this forum & he appreciates many of you and looks up to you. I have neighbors who don't understand him....why does he like digging, detecting, etc when the only thing their boys want to do is play video games. Be easy on him, thanks for those who have been! May your new year be blessed! Sincerely, Michelle (^was that spaced correctly? Jk lol)
all good Michelle, most of us are here to help and pleased to see the newest generation represented here :)

OP
OP
ProspectorALEX

ProspectorALEX

Apr 14, 2013
Clam Gulch, AK
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT E-series
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We have some low quality chicken wire we use. It should last a few trips. Alex

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Alex, this is an offer you can't turn down, Its free, they are new, and I will ship them to you. Just want to help you out... PM me your mailing address and I will have the classifiers on the way. You will get, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/12, 1/20 screens...

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Alex the classifiers will go out in the mail to the address your mother provided as soon as I make contact with the local supplier. Enjoy and Happy New Year to you and your family.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow, you da man Keith!

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow, you da man Keith!

sSig_iagree.gif~original

+ 1000!

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey what can I say, everything that has gone wrong in the last year in losing my mother, my brothers ordeal, me having shoulder surgery and yet here is a young man trying his best to learn about prospecting/mining that it really warms my heart. Alex is so eager to learn and firing on all cylinders in every aspect on the recovery of gold.

UPDATE: Alex I have made contact and have bought the classifiers from one of our club members that I am a member of, Desert Gold Diggers. He will be shipping the classifiers directly to you. Please let me know when you receive them so that I know that you got the classifiers.

Keith

gp5pc.jpg

Last edited:

Scubaman2

Sep 16, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi Alex. I started panning for gold when I was 12 yrs old (am 50 now). My son did his first pan about the age of 5 (18 now). Our family recently moved down to Las Vegas from Reno and me and my son have been researching and exploring the desert areas and bringing home samples to pan out. I took a solo trip out near your area just to explore some of the desert there. My wife has had a great deal of medical issues due to past surgeries but is starting to get better and would likely go as a family sometime as she would have another woman to talk to. She hasn't had the opportunity to meet anyone as still spends most her time in our apartment resting and getting better. A good learning site on youtube is Ghost Town Hunter with Jeff Williams he has a lot of informative videos about prospecting in Southern NV, CA, and AZ. They are high quality and entertaining as well. One thing we are planning to do is prospect some of the old mine tailings as the old timers would often throw out some good gold when they were chasing the high grade gravels. Let us know if you want to plan a family trip around your area - it would be great to get my wife outdoors again. You shouldn't have to drive very far to get some decent color. P.S. I used to live in Bakersfield and have been up the Keyesville area several times - I definitely would not be driving that far from where you are as there are better areas much closer to you. We haven't explored that area in person yet but are eager to start. It's nice to see young people get involved in gold prospecting.

Last edited:

Scubaman2

Sep 16, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sorry I did not mean anything by that. I totally agree it is very hard work indeed. I have years of digging and shoveling gravel to attest to that. Having prospected around most the Northern California rivers for years and meeting other hard working miners while being in the field and knowing of the benefits that dredging has on the river systems I was thrown back when CA outlawed dredging and the stories of miners having their equipment taken. We need to stand up for miner's rights and keep the mining laws from being taken from us. And stop stripping away the Constitution and yes I am a Cristian - uh oh this could get me in real trouble now. God Bless the miners and the great USA!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread