Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thats exactly what I do. When I first started shipping this way I was a little leery about a paper label taped on a box but now I wouldn't do it any other way. I print the label, cut it out or fold it, tape it to the box and log onto the USPS website and request carrier pick up....never leave the house!
OK thanks. I was worried about not having proper stick labels. I will try it today and ship in the morning after I talk to eBay. I dont have a good scale but this is flat rate.

All of my eBay sales have been pleasant transactions. Every one of my customers are very happy. I go to the Post Office for super fast shipping and I dont care if I lose 50 cents. . I have no problem guaranteeing everything I sell. But I dont like this one. It smells like trouble. You would think after tens of thousands of sales, he would learn to speak proper English. Or maybe he does it on purpose in case he gets caught trying to circumvent eBay.

Last edited:

garren

Mar 15, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully you won't have any issues and this will be one of his transactions that run smooth. However, I'm not taking any chances...in case he takes a fancy to one of my items, I blocked him.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Hopefully you won't have any issues and this will be one of his transactions that run smooth. However, I'm not taking any chances...in case he takes a fancy to one of my items, I blocked him.
He uses several names. like kglpass4, klgpass5, kglpass6, etc... and maybe some others

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
boy, a lot of responses. I do not have time to read all (leaving the office early today)
my ideas, hope someone has already said.

I have heard of the company and almost drove past it saturday, used to live in that area.
I think it is Japanese company. Gardena used to be Japan town to us locals. I called the number but no one answered. I know enough Japanese to test them out.
If it is the company I am thinking of someone in Japan buys an item from the USA and this company handles the shipping and importing. I had to deal with them (or a company very close to that address a few years ago) They want you to jump thru hoops and I refused. I shipped normal postoffice and had no problems.

Now the solution. I did not see what you sold. So I do not know what it is made of. send a note thru ebay to the buyer. "it broke sorry can't send will send refund"

Edward1976

Jul 9, 2013
USA for now.
Detector(s) used
DFX300, XLT, Laser
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, essentially, what the guy is doing is he is going to have you ship your merch to him, claim it's broken and then hold your feedback status hostage if you don't refund it, and then he'll keep the product no matter what? I know a bit about how eBay works through my father, this sounds shady...

Edward1976

Jul 9, 2013
USA for now.
Detector(s) used
DFX300, XLT, Laser
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It may be racist, not that I care, but as an IT security professional who works all over the world with people of numerous nationalities, we don't always agree on politics, religion, soccer teams and who has the best pizza in Vienna, one thing we do agree on is when you deal with, a, the Chinese, b, the West Africans, c, the internet and d, international remittances and payments, you're looking to get the shaft, they're GOOD at dealing with people and getting them to do what they want. Please, cancel the shipment, walk away, forget the feedback, because once these people get you reeled in there's no going back. Call me Mr Gloomndoom but I've been dealing with this stuff for years.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You would think after tens of thousands of sales, he would learn to speak proper English. Or maybe he does it on purpose in case he gets caught trying to circumvent eBay.

I only read the first few posts and I see two different levels of English. I wish they would have answered the phone. If the company is Japanese run there should be no problem. But any other nationality owned watch out, a lot of Korean signs in that area.

I once did an ebay search for "gold" and all the mispellings. One listing heading was 14kt gild and I bid knowing it was a scam because it would ship from some city in China. I won and it cost me 98¢ and free shipping. I never expected to get it but i did and I tested it and of course it was not gold. So I complained and their answer was we said it was gild (an old fashioned word for plated I think) I demanded my money back because they "tricked" me. I also refused to mail back the ring because it would cost to much. So they refunded my 98¢.

Several days ago I bid on another Chinese item. The picture shown a pearl necklace. I won for one cent with free shipping.
Charm 6 7mm White Artificial Pearl Beads Necklace Free Shipping D013 | eBay

look at the description, very confusing, I have a feeling they are only going to send one bead. I will demand refund if it is. Funny thing they already gave me positive feedback.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It may be racist, not that I care...............one thing we do agree on is when you deal with, a, the Chinese, b, the West Africans

in this day of political correctness if you even mention another race, other than your own, people think you are a racist. certain nationalities have certain traits. but people are so afraid to say that out loud. Edward you are right about the chinese (I have had no contact with W africans) I just got an email last week from a company in China and went to their website. They wanted me to import their products. All were knock off high-end watches for around $28 each.

Also add Koreans to the list of hard to deal with. I used to work for a Korean company and know how they deal with customers.

I also used to go to Hong Kong and loved the bargains and the pastry and tarts over there are fantastic.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
So, essentially, what the guy is doing is he is going to have you ship your merch to him, claim it's broken and then hold your feedback status hostage if you don't refund it, and then he'll keep the product no matter what? I know a bit about how eBay works through my father, this sounds shady...
Yes Paypal will refund his money if he complains within 45 days.. He can also leave me bad feedback if hes not satisfied. Bad feedback will ruin a small seller like myself.

The best solution so far is to insure it and hope that insurance will pay me back. Ask your father what he would do?

Anybody can ask for a refund and get it but most Americans are honest. When they ship off to other countries without my approval, the chances of something bad happening goes up.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
It may be racist, not that I care, but as an IT security professional who works all over the world with people of numerous nationalities, we don't always agree on politics, religion, soccer teams and who has the best pizza in Vienna, one thing we do agree on is when you deal with, a, the Chinese, b, the West Africans, c, the internet and d, international remittances and payments, you're looking to get the shaft, they're GOOD at dealing with people and getting them to do what they want. Please, cancel the shipment, walk away, forget the feedback, because once these people get you reeled in there's no going back. Call me Mr Gloomndoom but I've been dealing with this stuff for years.
I cannot forget the real posibility of bad feedback that will hurt future sales and/or possibly put me out of business. There is no chance of them reeling me in to any future problem because I can block him from future sales.

Bad feedback and/or the insurance not paying is the worst case scenario. eBay will not allow you to get out from under a winning auction unless he breaks one of the rules or threatens me..

There is nothing worse than receiving a negative feedback that you didn't deserve. Fortunately, not all is lost. Under certain conditions, eBay will remove negative feedback:

Unpaid item - buyers that don't pay shouldn't be able to leave negative feedback
Feedback Extortion - threatens to leave negative feedback unless you give them something
Feedback abuse - buying for the sole purpose of leaving negative feedback
Unwelcome and malicious buying - buyers not meeting your terms of service
Customs fraud - buyers requesting falsification of customs documents

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
boy, a lot of responses. I do not have time to read all (leaving the office early today)
my ideas, hope someone has already said.

I have heard of the company and almost drove past it saturday, used to live in that area.
I think it is Japanese company. Gardena used to be Japan town to us locals. I called the number but no one answered. I know enough Japanese to test them out.
If it is the company I am thinking of someone in Japan buys an item from the USA and this company handles the shipping and importing. I had to deal with them (or a company very close to that address a few years ago) They want you to jump thru hoops and I refused. I shipped normal postoffice and had no problems.

Now the solution. I did not see what you sold. So I do not know what it is made of. send a note thru ebay to the buyer. "it broke sorry can't send will send refund"
I was originally thinking of saying it broke but since he is the auction winner and he already paid, he could surely leave me bad feedback.

If its Japan, I would not be worried.

Last edited:

Dreadnox

Jul 28, 2013
Austin Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Metadyne magnet stick, Garretts pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok, there is one solution as I see it at this point. Ship and pray its ended. Your so concerned with the 100% rateing and with good reason just be prepaired to take the 61 dollar hit and call it payment for a lesson well learned and restrict to US citizens and we only accept paypal in the future. Good luck I really hope this ends up well for you.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I once did an ebay search for "gold" and all the mispellings. One listing heading was 14kt gild and I bid knowing it was a scam because it would ship from some city in China. I won and it cost me 98¢ and free shipping. I never expected to get it but i did and I tested it and of course it was not gold. So I complained and their answer was we said it was gild (an old fashioned word for plated I think) I demanded my money back because they "tricked" me. I also refused to mail back the ring because it would cost to much. So they refunded my 98¢.
Hello Dan. HRU? Long time since I spoke with you. Gilt/Gild is a word for several types of gold or bronze plating techniques. One type is a brush on mercury/gold mixture. This fire guilding is no longer legal in the US or Europe..http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilding I actually have the formula if you are interested. Its a very pretty plating. But you didnt really complain about a 98 cent item did you? Geez I hope you didnt leave bad feedback? No disrespect intended but they say its the 99 cent buyers that often complain and leave bad feedback. Often just a misunderstanding especially with newbies.

If someone complains, I have no choice but to refund the money plus shipping. But it doesnt happen very often thank God.

Last edited:

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
These are buyers for Chinese customers. The first time I had one of these it looked suspicious. I had new iPads and they buy them up. The address always looked funny with building and room numbers. All I can say is they always paid and I never had someone from China claiming the product was broken or defective. I had numerous problems in the good old USA with fake reports of damage or defective. Only because they saw it for a few dollars cheaper somewhere else after they bought from me.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
These are buyers for Chinese customers. The first time I had one of these it looked suspicious. I had new iPads and they buy them up. The address always looked funny with building and room numbers. All I can say is they always paid and I never had someone from China claiming the product was broken or defective. I had numerous problems in the good old USA with fake reports of damage or defective. Only because they saw it for a few dollars cheaper somewhere else after they bought from me.
OK thanks

Im not so much worried about the good Chinese people as I am the shipping.

I shipped a brand new camera package to Colombia but it never arrived. I issued a full refund. I received it back here in the USA a year later . It was jabbed with ice picks and busted open. I resold it as new but not in original packaging.. .

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Hello readers. Its possible Im not thinking clearly. Like I said I have been sick and cant talk with a sore throat. I just dragged myself over to the corner Family Dollar store and bought some chicken noodle soup, cough drops, and a baby thermometer.

My temperature is 100.8. F.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
101.1 F and rising

This thread has run its course. I ship in the morning.

Last edited:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would take numerous pictures of the item, have double prints made and
send him a full set of pics (packed with the block plane) and he can see
the condition it was shipped in.

Block planes are about 90% steel, so take pics of the blade apart from
the rest, and tell them you do this to assure the customer the item is
in the condition described when packed. Pack it well in a few layers of
bubble wrap, and take a pic of it packed before closing the box up.

Tell him you have a "no refund" policy on items forwarded overseas, and
you do not ship overseas direct due to too many problems.

Ship it, and move on to your next sale. If he messes with you, get eBay
involved. You have the evidence that the item was in the condition described
in the auction, and it was packed uber-carefully.

Guy's got no ***** to make. Besides, how the hell do you break a steel block plane?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread