Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I would take numerous pictures of the item, have double prints made and
send him a full set of pics (packed with the block plane) and he can see
the condition it was shipped in.

Block planes are about 90% steel, so take pics of the blade apart from
the rest, and tell them you do this to assure the customer the item is
in the condition described when packed. Pack it well in a few layers of
bubble wrap, and take a pic of it packed before closing the box up.

Tell him you have a "no refund" policy on items forwarded overseas, and
you do not ship overseas direct due to too many problems.

Ship it, and move on to your next sale. If he messes with you, get eBay
involved. You have the evidence that the item was in the condition described
in the auction, and it was packed uber-carefully.

Guy's got no ***** to make. Besides, how the hell do you break a steel block plane?
the cast iron frame will crack if dropped. But I will pack it well. It doesnt mean shitt what my refund policy is. A disastified customer can leave bad feedback. Also Paypal holds my funds until the customer is satisfied. Lets just wait to see what happens. Thanks.

I was looking over some other sellers feedback. This one particular seller received bad feedback because he refused to ship to Canada. Its just not right. Sellers really need to bend over backward to keep buyers happy. And its the newbies, petty buyers and/or those not familiar with eBay that cause the most bad feedback problems.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Here is the seller that received negative feedback because he wouldnt ship to Canada. Left by newbie richard*steve. Thats just not right.

Attachments

• ebay feedback canada.jpg
    ebay feedback canada.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:

mmooffee

Aug 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might proactively message this person through ebay informing him you know of his frequency in asking for refunds from purchased items. Tell him ahead of time the item has been thoroughly checked out before sending and if a refund is requested it will be immediately denied. Also inform he/she that if they choose to leave negative feedback a rebuttal will be left calling attention to their scheme.
They may turn tail choosing to find an easier victim. Just a thought if no better solution arises.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
You might proactively message this person through ebay informing him you know of his frequency in asking for refunds from purchased items. Tell him ahead of time the item has been thoroughly checked out before sending and if a refund is requested it will be immediately denied. Also inform he/she that if they choose to leave negative feedback a rebuttal will be left calling attention to their scheme.
They may turn tail choosing to find an easier victim. Just a thought if no better solution arises.
Thanks mmooffee and welcome to TN!

mmooffee

Aug 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you BCH..really glad to be here..enjoying the new hobby :)

FloridaHunter

Dec 6, 2004
Florida
Some items I sell international when I had more time. Its a mistake and I forgot to take it out. I dont think it would have made any difference.

Most of my stuff now is junk. Im phasing down for the season because Im leaving town. The plane is a good item and I can easily sell it to someone else.

Half the members say dont ship and half say to ship. I just have to decide myself. Thanks for all the help.

I don't believe so.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
He deliberity misled the auction with his misspelling. I even told him about it, to educate him and his misuse of English. His auctions continued to use that word.

You be the judge. Here is a very simular auction. different seller, same scam

Exquisite Tanzanite Yellow Gild CZ Ring Size 7 11 | eBay

Dan, please...

Show me where it says "gold" in the auction. It doesn't. That was YOUR assumption that the item was gold. Look up the word "gild" in Google. The seller is using the term correctly. You are nailing the seller to the cross over nothing.

Henry2

May 27, 2011
I dealt with this same buyer and company except he used the name kglpass3, he won a gold bracelet and I didn't think anything of it until he sent me a similar message. I contacted Ebay and told them my concerns with this buyer, they informed me to ship the item out and that they will put a record of my concerns so if anything did happen it would rule in my favor. That was awhile ago and I haven't heard anything yet, they left no feedback and I left none in return.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Dan, please...

Show me where it says "gold" in the auction. It doesn't. That was YOUR assumption that the item was gold. Look up the word "gild" in Google. The seller is using the term correctly. You are nailing the seller to the cross over nothing.
I agree.

Dan, I realize you are trying to police the internet or you have too much time on your hands. If you left negative feedback, you need to remove it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I want to thank everyone for the help on such short notice. I was not able to talk on the phone with eBay but I shipped the package with Ship insurance this morning. I also took extra pictures, double boxed and packed the item in styrofoam and bubblewrap. You could toss the package and no harm would come to its contents.

It seems that all of the experienced eBayers suggested to ship so that is what I did. klgpass has done tens of thousands of deals so its to be expected that there will be some returns. Its not clear at this time if he/she is really a scammer.

I would have preferred not to sell to a freight forwarder and in the future I will block him.
I may also block cyberdan LOL. JUST JOKING Dan. :laughing7:

I can also put in disclaimers, but like someone said, it doesnt matter. It may be a waste of time putting in rules because the only rules that count are eBays.

There are some comments here that I do not understand. But the thread has served its purpose. Thanks again.

Attachments

• eBay plane.jpg
    eBay plane.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I dealt with this same buyer and company except he used the name kglpass3, he won a gold bracelet and I didn't think anything of it until he sent me a similar message. I contacted Ebay and told them my concerns with this buyer, they informed me to ship the item out and that they will put a record of my concerns so if anything did happen it would rule in my favor. That was awhile ago and I haven't heard anything yet, they left no feedback and I left none in return.
This is good to know

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Come on Ben, You and I know the meaning of gild. He is being crafty. The average Joe Blow will see this and think he is getting the deal of a lifetime if he wins. He is not saying what the real metal is. Just a very nice photo.

Big: Yes, I am policing ebay, they certainly don't. sometime I do have a lot of time on my hands when work is slow. right now it is very busy. but just wanted to clarify. (besides I used to be a cop and I do not like it when someone takes advantage of someone)

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cyberdan I understand you wanting to help police eBay because there are a lot of scams and many of them are coming out of China. But I dont think this is one of them. I dont think anybody really expects to get a solid gold ring for 95 cents.

But i understand that its possible that someone might think they have found a deal of a lifetime. There are some great deals on eBay if you search especially auctions starting at 99 cents. . For clarification the seller should probably state in bold letters that the ring is NOT solid gold. Im curious are the silver rings real siver? The items are actually very nice dont you think? The shipping is too high. The days are over where sellers can make money on shipping without bad shipping feedback.

Last edited:

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Cyberdan I understand you wanting to help police eBay because there are a lot of scams and many of them are coming out of China. But I dont think this is one of them. I dont think anybody really expects to get a solid gold ring for 95 cents.

But i understand that its possible that someone might think they have found a deal of a lifetime. There are some great deals on eBay if you search especially auctions starting at 99 cents. . For clarification the seller should probably state in bold letters that the ring is NOT solid gold. Im curious are the silver rings real siver? The items are actually very nice dont you think? The shipping is too high. The days are over where sellers can make money on shipping without bad shipping feedback.

Dan, I know you and I know you are a good person. I know your heart was in the right place but I still respectfully disagree. I think the seller is just selling some gold plated costume jewelry for a low price. Is that so impossible? I cannot honestly see how this can be construed as cheating. Most costume jewelery is gold plated, are they all cheating people too?

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Yes Im also sure Dan is a good person. Here is a quote from Wiki that I posted. It seems that gilding is a common term still used today in China. Not so common today in the West where we use the term gold plating as in electroplating.

. A gilded object is described as "gilt". Where metal is gilded, it was traditionally silver in the West, to make silver-gilt (or "vermeil") objects, but gilt-bronze is commonly used in China,... Methods of gilding include hand application and glueing, chemical gilding, and electroplating, the last also called gold plating.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Some old brass military officers buttons were fire guilded. Its a process where gold leaf is mixed with Mercury and brushed on the button face. The process can take several coats and is heavier than todays electroplating.. Its a beautiful plating and these buttons have a unique color but the Mercury process has been outlawed in Europe and the US for over 100 years. I dont know if its still allowed in China. They probably dont care how many workers succumb to Mercury poisoning.

Attachments

• mercury guilded button.jpg
    mercury guilded button.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 1,484
Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I researched this and it appears the buyer may be shipping to China and he makes a lot of claims that the items are damaged. I found this. It says he has a lot of complaints.U.S. Seller's beware.... - Page 5 - The eBay Community

BTW the seller has a 100 percent feedback rating with over 11,000 buys. eBay My World - kglpass7 But then again you cant leave bad feedback to a buyer.

What do I do? Should I say its broken? Do I have to ship?

I made some posts asking questions with the eBay Community but it appears my posts have been removed. They were on page 6 yesterday. Whats up with that?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread