Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi All-

Took advantage of a beautiful day to get out detecting with my new XP Deus. I'm still a newbie with this machine, and working hard to better understand its infinite setting. Today I was using the #5 pre-set program, " G-MAXX".
This particular program seems to suit my preferred hunting locations ( off road, deep woods). About an hour into the hunt, I got a slamm'n "90" VDI. After digging down only about 4 inches, I pulled out a large cent. This was a nice surprise:

001.JPG

A quick re-scan of the hole told me there was something else there...Out pops another large cent! Scanned it again, and still another signal, and another large cent! I'm in shock that I just pulled three large cents out of the same hole.

011.JPG 012.JPG

After some gentle tooth -picking, they revealed themselves to be 1798 draped bust large cents ( at least two of them for sure). I couldn't be more thrilled! I have never found more than one large cent at one time before. To find three in the same day, and in the same hole...pretty freak'n amazing.

017.JPG View attachment 008.jpg 013.JPG 018.JPG 014.JPG 016.JPG

Thanks for taking a look!. I think Spring is finally here, so get out there and get busy! HH!

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 97
Upvote 79

Sue_Doanim

Apr 26, 2009
I'm not sure which obverse goes with which reverse in the photos, but one of the obverses has "style 1" hair and the other two have "style 2". It looks like one of the reverses is the "reverse of 1795" and the other two are "reverse of 1797". You might have a scarce variety - best of luck!

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that is an awesome day!!! Congrats on the largies and good luck with the Deus....:occasion14:

OP
OP
Silvermonkey

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks everyone for your nice comments. I had a difficult uploading the pics, and probably got them in the wrong sequence with the " up close" shots.
Special thanks to SueDoanim for your observations about the potential scarce variety. I have done a little more light cleaning, and will take another look at them.
I wish everyone a very relaxing and productive weekend of detecting! HH!

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Now THAT is the way to do it. Three oldies in the same hole. Congrats on a cool dig and great memory.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread