NEVER TO EARLY TO GET READY. ATLANTIC HURRICANE SEASON

deepsix47

Jul 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Fisher Impulse, Fisher CZ-21, Minelab X-Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, the experts have predicted an above average hurricane season. We all know that they haven't really had a particularly good record but it is the best we have to go by. The waters around the state are warming up and by May should be at the right temperatures (80+).

Is anyone getting ready to go in before a storm hits, riding it out and being the first there? That is of course if it is hitting the right area. Those areas would be the 1715 beaches north through the Outter Banks and a section of the Florida Panhandle.

Deepsix

Upvote 0
OP
OP
deepsix47

deepsix47

Jul 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey DD, thanx for the reply. I'm a bit surprised that it was the only one. I guess I've been away from T-Net longer then I thought.

Anyway, the category, for me at least, just determines how close I actually stay to the water before the storm comes in. I like to go in a day or two before the hit, scout around, then decide just before O-hour where I'm going to ride it out at.

I'd like to thank those that have PM'd me since I started posting again. I kinda lost interest for awhile when Laura passed away. Once I got over that I've been doing some dry land things. This season will be my first back at the beaches.

Deepsix

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
deepsix47 said:
Hey DD, thanx for the reply. I'm a bit surprised that it was the only one. I guess I've been away from T-Net longer then I thought.

Anyway, the category, for me at least, just determines how close I actually stay to the water before the storm comes in. I like to go in a day or two before the hit, scout around, then decide just before O-hour where I'm going to ride it out at.

I'd like to thank those that have PM'd me since I started posting again. I kinda lost interest for awhile when Laura passed away. Once I got over that I've been doing some dry land things. This season will be my first back at the beaches.

Deepsix
Hello Deepsix. Welcome back. I would love to ride it out with you. Its the only way to go when the bridges are out. The last few seasons have been mild here in Florida and there is not much talk about the Treasure Beaches with all the renourishment and all.

You put on a great cookout at Sebastian and looking forward to another some day. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
deepsix47

deepsix47

Jul 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Deepsix. Welcome back. I would love to ride it out with you. Its the only way to go when the bridges are out. The last few seasons have been mild here in Florida and there is not much talk about the Treasure Beaches with all the renourishment and all.

You put on a great cookout at Sebastian and looking forward to another some day. :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Hey BigC:

I was hoping you'd show up. I tried PM'ing you but it said you're in box was full. Yea, I've been around and the situation has been pretty sad over on the beaches. I've been doing some land based things though. I'm going over in a couple of weeks for a day or two and see how good some of my research has been.

When a good storm blows in I'll give you a shout. Another cookout is a great idea too, been thinking about it. It really was a great time. Is it my imagination or has TNet changed a bit. It just dosen't seem as alive as it used to be.

Have a great day friend,

Deepsix

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I think TN is bigger. We seems to get some good new members. . There is not much talk about the Treasure Beaches at this time but that could change very fast with a hurricane. Here is a good link I follow. Maybe you know him. http://treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com/

I have been spending all my time on the What Is It forum. I have to start broadening my horizons. :D

Sorry, I need to empty my email or reup my charter membership for more space.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread