New 18th-19th century permission. Handful of coins,militaria and more!

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi everyone,

Didn't really have a chance to go on hunt lately. But got a sudden call back from a farmer I was trying to get a permission from. I suspected there might have been some type of activity few centuries back where his field is located. He explained that within a few days he will start working in the field so I better go there soon. He didn't have to ask me twice!

For the next two days was hunting the huge field for 8 hours a day for 15-16 hours total. The first 7 hours were uneventful. Spent it exploring the field with almost no signals. Than, just before the dusk on the first day, started noticing pottery and square nails on the surface at one spot in the middle of the field. I have to admit, I usually don't spend enough time in the center of the fields believing that most relics would be near roads or any types of streams. I was wrong as there might have been older roads covered by the fields today.

Was really impressed with the total of 2 days hunt. Really happy and hopeful to get new finds there after the plow. I was hunting on Deus Fast due to high iron concentration, in other words just scratching the surface.

Here's the total of coins and tokens. No silver. 15 Halfpenny's ranging from British counterfeit 1776 to Province of Canada 1843

DSC_1263.JPG

Really cool militaria and misc finds. Artillery buttons from early to mid 1800's. Unknown to me British Militia button with G.R. under the crown. Beautiful and huge Scottish motif copper button. Unknown to me small button with ''V'' under a crown. What appears to be a piece of military shako (with a partial lion visible) etc.

DSC_1268.JPG

A few misc finds. My very first Jaw Harp. Actually got two of them. What I believe to be a center piece from a leather sword scabbard. Also a cool decorative copper horse shoe.

DSC_1271.jpg

An other first one for me. A complete musket lock plate. Glad I kept it as it was unrecognizable in the mud.

DSC_1278.jpg DSC_1279.jpg

Few more musket pieces.

DSC_1275.jpg

Also a first. Eyeball find. Native American stone gouge. Thanks to ColonialDude for the I.D.

20170511_230444[1040].jpg DSC_1280.JPG DSC_1281.JPG DSC_1282.JPG

Thanks for the comments!

Last edited:
Upvote 29

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DownNDirty

Bronze Member
Jun 1, 2015
South Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the relic in the sixth picture, the one on the right? I found something similar recently and have been trying to I id it. Thanks

OP
OP
Aureus

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What is the relic in the sixth picture, the one on the right? I found something similar recently and have been trying to I id it. Thanks

Must be a piece of a musket side plate

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Aureus

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's a heck of a hunt! Looks like you stumbled on a house site with an encampment. And the possibility of more native American pieces after the plowing.

I sure hope so. Found some more interesting stuff there yesterday will make a post in a couple of days. Thanks for the comment.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread