New at it

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave, the BHID is a good unit, just be careful with the battery door., Be sure when you close it you do not get any sand on the O-ring and that it is sealed good.

Good luck and good hunting.........

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Make sure your disc isn't set to high where it rejects pull tabs or you won't hear 90% of the gold rings.

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not much activity at the beaches right now so pickings will be slim. Still is a good time to give it a try though. I can tell you from what I have read that the Atlantic beaches are much tougher than where I hunt which is the Gulf side of Florida.

If you are going to stick to dry land, I would suggest trying locations that people don't normally hunt. I would move further away from the shoreline and hunt nearer the dunes, (but not in the dunes), where hunters may have neglected. Walking paths and beach shower areas are always holding a goody or two.

Hope you have some luck but don't get depressed if you don't in this off season. The good hunting is just around the corner though. Spring break will start it off in March and April.

Take Care,

Jim

BEACH-HUNTER

Feb 11, 2007
NORTHEAST, USA
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I thought you said you had this detector before???? Sand...??

Sandman said:
Make sure your disc isn't set to high where it rejects pull tabs or you won't hear 90% of the gold rings.
If so you would know it has a Iron disc built in... Like a Iron mask for small Iron...and you can not turn the DISC up...you have a 3 tone ID system..and a 3 light ID system..RED=IRON YELLOW=GOLD/NICKLES/PULL TAB GREEN=SILVER/COPPER/COIN.. NY DAVE good luck to you!! hope your trip is great...scroll down the beach post check out the "B.H.ID MAX DEPTH" Post!! Here's a few photos of mine with the Super 12 coil+"S" Rod...then my Scoop and straight shaft. good luck!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 194
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 192
  • HPIM0678 (Large).JPG
    HPIM0678 (Large).JPG
    54 KB · Views: 198
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg