May 26, 2007
North Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE / T2 / Garrett Ace 250 / White DFX 300 / F75
X-Terra 705 / E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Traded for a updated F75 last week.
Tried the new detector today for a couple of hours at a small park that i have hunted once a week for the past 3 years and found 6 quarters,7 dimes, 2 nickles,15 pennies and a woman's gold wedding band. This was an eye opener for me.

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Tellico Plains, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Several Fisher, Tesoro, White's and Garrett's
Arnie, First: Warmest welcome to T-Net, the best site for our hobby on the web! Second: Glad to hear the '75 has been good for you! Pretty cool to be able to go over an area that you have personally beat for the last several years and still find some worthy signals! :thumbsup: Once again, WELCOME!!! :hello2: :hello: :icon_sunny: Great luck and good hunting!! Regards, Richard

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like you have mastered it.

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
I've bumped my sens to 95 / 99 and JE in the spots I can get away with it and it has made a big difference in finds. The signals were a little scratchy but still a nice sweet tone bouncing from 65 - 91 and the majority of those turned out to be Mercs in the 10" - 11" range.

I've learned an awful lot about this machine since last year and learn something new every time out. The only complaint I had so far is that in some places I choose not to dig anything less than 5 or 6 inches and after I cut a 6" plug the target (usually clad) is only a few inches deep and towards the top of the plug. After a few of those I pay attention to the strength of the signal and that helps. Maybe the coin is on edge??? This year I'm going to pay a little more attention to the orientation of the coin to try to figure that out once and for all.

It would be interesting to hear from everyone that responded to this post before and see what their impressions are now.

Wishing you all a great season!
Mike

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi! All, Charlie Here! What a great thread on the F75 you guys should be proud of yourselfs and the information your putting out. I just purchased one to do my cellar holes with as my other detectors just don't happen to do the job and I am obsorbing the info you guys are putting out and I don't have the detector yet LOL. I did a little research before I bought mine and it seems it's going to be well worth it. Thanks again folks will be checking in with my progress and problems if any. Charlie

OP
OP
S

SaginawIan

Jun 1, 2006
Detroit, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Mojave.
[youtube=425,350]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>/youtube]

Hello all! I'm still loving the F75 - only I'm now out in Arizona for a while and haven't been able to use it so much. This video was taken at the same time as the other speed test and people were complaining that I didn't put iron in the middle. Well, I did, and here is the video. No nulling whatsoever! More videos to come!

Ian

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Ian,

You been out with that 1266 much?

Just wondering how the old gal is doing. :icon_sunny:

Best Wishes,

Buckles

Nutriasub

Nov 16, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 - Garret Pro Pointer
First of all thank-you guys for all the great info you have been putting in, I really appreciate the time and effort on sharing your experience.

I just bought a used F75 with very little use, and I´m very excited to use it.
I have been reading a lot about the EMI, we will see how it affects it, because I have a big power line on the site I want to dig. I will tell you how it goes

thanks again from Spain

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Tellico Plains, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Several Fisher, Tesoro, White's and Garrett's
Nutriasub said:
First of all thank-you guys for all the great info you have been putting in, I really appreciate the time and effort on sharing your experience.

I just bought a used F75 with very little use, and I´m very excited to use it.
I have been reading a lot about the EMI, we will see how it affects it, because I have a big power line on the site I want to dig. I will tell you how it goes

thanks again from Spain

Hello Nutriasub!!!! WELCOME TO TREASURENET, my friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please let us know how your '75 does against the EMI, I know I speak for the lot of us when I say we are definitely interested!

Regards

SkyPilot

Nutriasub

Nov 16, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 - Garret Pro Pointer
Thanks for the welcome!

I have been detecting for about 10hrs on a Spanish site, just a piece of property that has not been used on the last 60 o 70 years.

i have founf lots of trash and my first coind, from the 1880!! (about 4 inchs) it dosent haven any market value, but for me its great. it gave me a reading of 60.

In relation with the EMI, i searched about 50 yards from a huge power line without any trouble at all, and then just underneath a smaller power line and then it went nuts. Just moved 15 yards and back to normal. I didnt have to lower sens or nothing.

I have been digging with the factory standards and I would like to ask you guys some things:

Why big objects (mainly brass) have an ID of 85 +?
How can I take out bullet casings and shotgun shell butts? notching?

Why a big piece of melted lead gave me a good constant reading?

Thanks a lot for the helps

Attachments

• IMG00005-20101213-1924.jpg
    IMG00005-20101213-1924.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 726

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions