Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't think that it's meant to be an upgrade from the AT pro, it seems to be a pulse induction machine with the ability to prospect. Also, it seems that the control box is mounted beneath the arm cup, not above the grip like the AT Pro.

Big-o

Greenie
Aug 17, 2013
Adirondaks NY and Long Island,NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've got to wonder what the price will be for this really nicely built and thought out machine will cost. One big criteria I had was portability and the ability to compact the unit for travel, (I ride dual sport motorcyles) and I wanted something that I can pack on my bike. This is it! Only factor that will hold me back is the price. Hopefully around or under $1500 but I bet it will be in the 1800-2200 dollar area.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rogerv

Jan 25, 2013
Beltsville Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garret GTA-1000
Garrett Seahunter Mark II
Bounty Hunter (came as BOGO from Kellyco)
AT propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Garrett just posted a video today on their corporate YouTube channel that is apparently a teaser for a new machine that they are calling the "Extreme."

I hope they stick to their past and make it affordable to the average decterist and not just the rich guy.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im with u there, I may have high end detectors but paid no where mear what they really go for I look for those guys who think.oh its a $2000 machine ill get rich quick & when they figure its not what its cracked up to be ill be there to buy it cheap lol

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im wondering now,I mean by the,vid it gets small im just wondering now which one will pack down smaller this new one or the deus xp the deus packs down small enough that u can out it in ur saddle bag on ur motorcycle & pretty much fit it in any back pack I wonder

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't had my pro very long and I love it but if the new one is affordable I may have to talk wife into letting me buy it and keep the pro.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing wrong with a couple machines in that arsenal, got a couple different aresenals lol

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
if the price/feature mode is like the AT Pro (which they have made a killing on!)... they could hit it right again! If Minelab, Fisher/Technetics, Whites or the other big wigs don't put out a Fall 2013 teaser soon, Garrett is gonna make a fortune!

maliaros

Jul 4, 2013
Larnaca
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP, Garrett EUROACE, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I believe it will be a machine on Sea hunter mark 2 price range.

AC500

Apr 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anything over the $1000 mark I wont bite just yet, but if it's in reach then I may just have to give one a try.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if the price/feature mode is like the AT Pro (which they have made a killing on!)... they could hit it right again! If Minelab, Fisher/Technetics, Whites or the other big wigs don't put out a Fall 2013 teaser soon, Garrett is gonna make a fortune!

Yeah, and there are only so many of us idiots out here....:occasion14:

bottlebum

Jul 18, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 900
Nokta/Makro Anfibio Multi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm hoping that it's an offshoot of the Recon. Same style only a little lighter.

Alan Applegate

Aug 20, 2013
Roswell, NM
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, if you really want to know what Garrett has been up to, a patent search or two will give you hint! I can't tell with certainty from the patent holder's name, because I don't know the employees are at Garrett. In any case, the name Garrett doesn't show up. However, there is a late patent (last 18 months), that describes a pulse induction detector with resonance discrimination. If indeed that is what the new detector does, it is yet another step forward.

I think most detectorists have a basic idea of how their detector works, even though the technology behind them is fairly complex, especially ones which table discrimination (comparing the received frequency and phase shift against a know pattern). In reality, it isn't rocket science although some might think so. The real hard part of designing a metal detector which can meet today's demands from us diggers, is a juxtaposition between processor power, battery technology, and affordability. If we had unlimited funds, ground-based radar systems using interferometry would be readily available, and inexpensive—they aren't!

I'm also of the opinion that some technology stinks! The double D coil is one of them. It is true that they work better in mineralized soil conditions, and perhaps (urban legend?) detect deeper. But they still offer poor pinpointing. I regularly use a Garrett GTI-2500, and most of the time I don't need to use my pinpointer, especially on coins. I'll stick my neck out, but if you live in an area with low mineralization, it's fairly hard to beat a BFO detector. Yes, they don't discriminate, but sometimes you don't want too!

If they ask me what I wanted, it would be a switchover to Lithium battery powered units, color touch screens (think weather proof), and much lighter weight (carbon fiber construction?).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread