New George washington gold dollar, MINT ERROR, I GOT ONE!!!!

P

pickaway

I picked up 2 rolls the other day, opened one had 6 upside down printing,And I must say the coins look a little ragged on one the 7 in 2007 is off center? other than that no other oddities, I sure hope they dont tarnish like the sac dollars.

Rich in Central PA

May 28, 2003
Shamokin Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just was on the TV, ABC local news station: "Approx. 50,000 of the new George Washington gold dollars were minted "in error." NO LETTERING ON EDGE OF COIN. They escaped "the inspectors" watchful eye and were released in to circulation. The "error" dollars are now selling for about $40 a piece on Ebay." ................Rich

By now, everybody should have seen this, but just in case you didn't, here's the story...........

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17501178

Nick in NEPA

Dec 28, 2006
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love this...Chicago Ron just made a crapload of cash and he was just about the only one who did. Almost $700 coins are selling for $40. I'd hate to be the schlepp who bought that.

Coinkid

Jul 11, 2006
Sarasota, FL
Believe me, I think I made more ;D

pather said:
I love this...Chicago Ron just made a crapload of cash and he was just about the only one who did. Almost $700 coins are selling for $40. I'd hate to be the schlepp who bought that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread