New Ground- Old Silver

U

umrgolf

:hello: The "J-team" fired up the engine early this AM in pursuit of permission at the property next door to Mr. Finn's place. We pull down the driveway and luckily caught the owner at home. ;D She was a very nice lady who gave us a brief but detailed history of her property. She told us that where her house stands today, colonists settled on that very spot in 1630. :o In the video, you'll see the field next to her house we were hunting. She told us there had been two or three homes out there, settled somewhere in the early 1700's. When we told her we like to find old buttons, bullets, and hopefully a coin or two, she said that these settlers were far too poor to have buttons or coins :D Ok, on to the video and finds.. My find of the day was another clipped quarter of a 2 reale pistareen. This is only my second quarter piece to have a portion of the date showing which you'll see in the photo "17". Before I take off, Josh got me again. He dug two super-sweet colonial pieces and his post should be up tomorrow or Friday. :wink: :icon_thumleft: .... Jeff

Here's a short video of the property and the colonial silver coming out of its 300 yr grave

IMG_0013.JPG

IMG_0014.JPG

Check out this big 1700's Dandy Button with the circular dots pattern
IMG_0017.JPG

Here's a button with a shank style I've never seen :o I'm thinking 1600's (Crusader?)
IMG_0019.JPG

Here's another very early button with a drilled shank
IMG_0024.JPG

IMG_0023.JPG

War of 1812 Rifleman's button (my first)
IMG_0028.JPG

Came away with my first Sportsman's Button w/ a horse design :headbang:
IMG_0026.JPG

Here's the 17?? clipped quarter of 2 reale pistareen (Philip V)
IMG_0016.JPG

IMG_0027.JPG

Upvote 0

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice bit o silver!!! MR TUFF

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

KRAZYHORSES said:
nice site!! hope to see more nice finds from there!! hh scott

Josh will post up his stuff within the next day or two :wink: you'll wanna check that one out

Mr Tuff said:
nice bit o silver!!! MR TUFF

thanks Tuff!

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

OldeGuy3 said:
Again? :laughing9: Great digs and video Jeff :headbang:

Ha! thanks man :tongue3: Josh really had a couple great finds today.. more like amazing

4-H said:
Where the Heck did you guys come from? :hello2:

I swear, your the team of the year.

Over the Brits even! :thumbsup:

Thanks 4-H for the compliment! We love getting on here and enjoying the finds and try to contribute our own whenever we get out (which has been frequent this year :laughing7: )

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Brutha! :wink: :icon_thumright: I'm glad that we both walked away with some good finds today and that the rain held! :headbang: The video came out very nicely, hopefully I'll be contributing another tomorrow sometime!!! Love that Bit O' Silver! :occasion14:

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great stuff! Those cut coins are always killer finds, but the Rifles button is absolutely top notch. Looks like it has actually fared well (I've seen a lot that were much worse.)

That is what I call a successful hunt!

Cheers, guys!

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a good chance that that site is going to get you back on the banner before you are finished hunting it out. :coffee2:
Very historical area. :icon_thumright:

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I really like the Rifleman button Jeff. The clipped silver is a cool find also. More relics and old coins to come from that site in the near future I'm sure. HH, Quindy

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

{Sentinel} said:
Nice finds Brutha! :wink: :icon_thumright: I'm glad that we both walked away with some good finds today and that the rain held! :headbang: The video came out very nicely, hopefully I'll be contributing another tomorrow sometime!!! Love that Bit O' Silver, the rain continues!!! :occasion14:

I do hope you get your stuff posted today so I can see it again :wink: :o

BuckleBoy said:
Great stuff! Those cut coins are always killer finds, but the Rifles button is absolutely top notch. Looks like it has actually fared well (I've seen a lot that were much worse.)

That is what I call a successful hunt!

Cheers, guys!

Thanks Will! Have a blast with the gf :headbang:

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You guys seriously never stop digging the Colonial money. It is amazing to see what you all find. The year isn't quite over yet, so keep digging with the passion, Jeff. Take care, man!

Kirk

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

birdman said:
There is a good chance that that site is going to get you back on the banner before you are finished hunting it out. :coffee2:
Very historical area. :icon_thumright:

Sure man, I'm still waiting to find out.. Kind of wondering now if they're just gonna keep me here :dontknow: Shoot me a pm when you get to town, if I'm still around we'll meet up :icon_thumleft:

Colonial Copper Zeus said:
Man, you guys are making a killing down there in Va. Can't wait to see what Josh posts. :thumbsup:
Chris

Yep, his is gonna be a good one :'( :laughing7:

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

VOL1266-X said:
I really like the Rifleman button Jeff. The clipped silver is a cool find also. More relics and old coins to come from that site in the near future I'm sure. HH, Quindy

Thank you Quindy, only 5 miles from where Josh found his AVC ;D maybe one will turn up out there too :D If you look at the group pic, there's an eagle button.. it was the biggest eagle button we've seen, definitely looked confederate before i cleaned it

Kirk PA said:
You guys seriously never stop digging the Colonial money. It is amazing to see what you all find. The year isn't quite over yet, so keep digging with the passion, Jeff. Take care, man!

Kirk

Thanks Kirk, Josh's post is the one you wanna see (what's new :laughing9: )

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What can I possibly say that hasn,t been already said :icon_scratch: :dontknow: Stop digging all those Great military buttons and bits >:( :-\ J-Team is having the best year ! :icon_thumleft: Seems like firing up engines in the AM is working out . I like those dawn patrols out n the field, as well , very peaceful and productive . 8) d aWg

jamesbibb

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2009
Central Va
Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Another succesful hunt Congrats guys