New in East Tennessee. I need some startup info?

Ddg63

Apr 11, 2009
Upvote 0

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ddg63 said:
I got my first MD 2 years ago for Christmas. I am in East Tennessee and I really need some help. I don't know the first thing about using the MD but I am really intrested in trying it out. Does anybody have any ideas where I can go give it a try? I don't even know if I got a good MD or not I have a Garrett Ace 250??

The 250 is a good detector and you should have a lot of fun finding different treasures with it.

My advice is first read the owners manual then try some coins on the floor to get a feel for the sounds, then go outside in your yard and practice there before going out in public.

That way you learn the machine and you get practice digging plugs and filling your holes back in. Once you feel comfortable locating and digging and retrieving different targets and filling the holes back as before digging, Then you will be ready to hit the parks and play grounds and load up on lost treasure. Of course you will dig a lot of junk in between the treasure (about 90%) but it's that 10% that makes it all worthwhile. However, your percentages should improve as you do.

Goodyguy~

CWnut

May 9, 2003
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tigershark----Tesoro Conquistador Umax------Fisher FX-3----Master Hunter CX-Plus w/ depth multiplier
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
where u located?

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Google for detecting clubs in your area, and go from there. Good luck, you are in one hell of a detecting area!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions