Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw the landlord raking the lawn of a large apartment building in my neighborhood Today ! This place was built in mid 1800's and I had been eyeing it for a while ! He said go ahead, I don't care if you dig an 8 foot deep hole as long as I fill it in !!! Great ! and thank you I said. Alot of trash ! It is going to take me awhile to clean up this site !! I was surprised I did not pull at least a Rosie out of here in the 3 hours I hunted ! I dug alot of signals and even when I retraced my search route there were still quite a few signals ! Pics of digs follow ! I go back tomorrow ! While I was digging up the lawn a nice woman came out of the building and asked if I collect coins and gave me these 2 cool Canadian Breast cancer awareness Quarters ! I had never seen them before! I thanked her and told her they meant more to me than anything I had found today since my sister died of breast cancer 3 years ago at the tender age of 40 ! I started crying on the spot and now I am crying again as I post this !! Bye MaineRelic. I know the pics say dug Feb 28 but this is wrong ! Forgot 2 change Tag photo date ! Dug today March 12th 2010 MaineRelic. 0 UPDATE: March 13th, Fellow T-net member HCW pointed out to me that my 1888 Indian I found yesterday looked like an 8 over 7. If so it could be a fairly valuable coin ! If it is ! I will try to sell it and donate the proceeds in honor of my sister to Breast cancer research. I will have my coin dealer look at it on Monday MaineRelic. UPdate 03/16/2010 I took the suspect 1888/8 over 7 Indian to my dealer today, at first he was intrigued by the coin but after closer examination he concluded thay it was a pushed date . Probably against a rock by the frost ! He said it just did not have any of the tell tale die anomolies associated with the 8 over 7die ! Just a ood conversation pece! Maybe next time ! MaineRelic

Attachments

• IMG_0581.JPG
    IMG_0581.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 2,448
  • IMG_0575-1.JPG
    IMG_0575-1.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 2,467
  • IMG_0576.JPG
    IMG_0576.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 2,465
  • IMG_0577.JPG
    IMG_0577.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 2,476
  • IMG_0582.JPG
    IMG_0582.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 2,475
  • IMG_0587.JPG
    IMG_0587.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 2,452
  • IMG_0580.JPG
    IMG_0580.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 2,458
  • IMG_0579.JPG
    IMG_0579.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 2,462
  • IMG_0578.JPG
    IMG_0578.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 2,443
  • IMG_0591.JPG
    IMG_0591.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 2,438
  • IMG_0581.JPG
    IMG_0581.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 2,406
  • IMG_0581.JPG
    IMG_0581.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 2,431
Upvote 0
Re: New lawn site Made me Cry !

A fine assortment of goodies! The coins look wonderful also! A day to remember ;D

There some good finds there Maine relic. And great story. So sorry for your lose. Best of luck when you go back. :thumbsup:

I don't know if you picked up on it or not but that indian head looks like an 1888 over 1887, which in G 4 shape is worth $1100.00 in the 08' red book. I'm sorry about your sister .

Looks good to me!! You might wanna change your title to bring attention to this! :icon_thumleft: I'm sorry about your sis. Breast cancer took my mother in '05.

Attachments

• IndianheadCLOSE.jpg
    IndianheadCLOSE.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 2,142
  • IndianheadCLOSE2.jpg
    IndianheadCLOSE2.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 2,129

Keep on hitting it!! good hunt!

I would say it is. Never noticed it last night. If it is I say Banner for sure! :)

HCW said:
I don't know if you picked up on it or not but that indian head looks like an 1888 over 1887, which in G 4 shape is worth $1100.00 in the 08' red book. I'm sorry about your sister .
I usually check every coin I dig for Key dates and mint errors ect... when I get home . But there were so many signals to dig I stayed longer than I should have ! and did not get the honey do's done I should have and the Mrs was a little annoyed when she got home and I was cleaning junk ( as she calls it ) in the sink. So no I did not pick up on the fact that I may have a key date Indian ! Thanks for pointing this out for me ! Now I am Smiling ! ;D ;D MaineRelic.

Sure would be nice to see a fellow Mainer up on that banner board! :thumbsup:

mainer said:
Sure would be nice to see a fellow Mainer up on that banner board! :thumbsup:
AMEN ! Mainer.

Looks like a good site that can be hunted many times over and still produce good finds. The Indian Head is sweet and love the thimble and book pendant :hello2:

Re: New lawn site Made me Cry ! / Possible 1888/8 over 7 Indian I am not crying now!

That sure is a good spot to detect. I hope you find many more goodies there and keep us posted about the IH hope is 8/7....Matt

Re: New lawn site Made me Cry ! / Possible 1888/8 over 7 Indian I am not crying now!

Looks like a good possibility, I found an 1888 IH and boy did I try hard to see a 7 under the eight but couldnt! Yours definitly looks suspiciously good to me!!!! :icon_thumright:

I hope everything works out.

That sure looks good too me :thumbsup:
Very nice finds all around too ;D

Re: New lawn site Made me Cry ! / Possible 1888/8 over 7 Indian I am not crying

great assortment. i like to see error coins on the banner.

I'd say that is a good one, and a great one up on the banner! :thumbsup: jgas

Very nice finds! Can someone tell me why the 8/7 happened? now i want to check all the old IH pennies i have. Good luck to you on that coin and everyone on future hunts. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back