Upvote 0
OP
OP
mike w

mike w

Greenie
Aug 16, 2010
cincinnati ohio
yeah, its a strange one, i found it in a stream bank. i have also found a full groove axe and a celt at the same location over the years.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to t-net Mike! I am not sure what it is. Kinda looks like someone was wanting to drill it?? Look forward to reading your post.
TnMtns

Newt

Bronze Member
Dec 10, 2007
Georgia
Detector(s) used
1265X and Tejon
TnMountains said:
Welcome to t-net Mike! I am not sure what it is. Kinda looks like someone was wanting to drill it?? Look forward to reading your post.
TnMtns

Yes.
Newt

P

pickaway

Hello from central Ohio, Nice piece, is that Trey in your avatar?

joshuaream

Silver Member
Jun 25, 2009
Florida & Hong Kong
Do the drill holes line up? It's hard to tell in the first picture where the hole is going... Is it down the axis of the piece, is it off to the side of the other hole?

That's a cool relic,

Jonzer

Feb 12, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Natural Eyeball Pressure
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool and interesting artifact.
Welcome aboard.
Guitar players that hunt arrowheads Rule!
Google Furry Lewis.

OP
OP
mike w

mike w

Greenie
Aug 16, 2010
cincinnati ohio
thanks again for all the replies. that hunk of quartz is the only thing in my collection that ive ever wondered about as far as if it is in fact an ancient artifact. i will post the other items i found in the same area tommorow. also the holes do line up. ps thats me in the avatar, onstage at first avenue in minneapolis opening for the black keys

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
pickaway said:
Hello from central Ohio, Nice piece, is that Trey in your avatar?

I was thinking the same thing pick, thought that was CK5 lights in the background.

Welcome aboard Mike, that's a puzzling piece there. It looks highly polished, very interesting. Btw, what's the name of your band if you don't mind me asking?

OP
OP
mike w

mike w

Greenie
Aug 16, 2010
cincinnati ohio
im backing up a great friend of mine named brian olive. we couldnt think of a non horrible band name so i told him to put his name on it. we record on tape and use vacuum tubes . our own ancient tools ;D

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
mike w said:
im backing up a great friend of mine named brian olive. we couldnt think of a non horrible band name so i told him to put his name on it. we record on tape and use vacuum tubes . our own ancient tools ;D

I'm impressed man , checked out a few vids on youtube, you guys have a good straight up sound, and lots of energy. Nice originals and the Poor Moon cover is great stuff.

P

pickaway

mike w said:
thanks again for all the replies. that hunk of quartz is the only thing in my collection that ive ever wondered about as far as if it is in fact an ancient artifact. i will post the other items i found in the same area tommorow. also the holes do line up. ps thats me in the avatar, onstage at first avenue in minneapolis opening for the black keys

Sweet dig the black keys...

joshuaream

Silver Member
Jun 25, 2009
Florida & Hong Kong
targe said:
It's unfinished. It's pretty much accepted that these are a form of bola stone. This form has a colloquial name of "eggstone". The side and top drilled examples are pretty scarce. Every example I've ever seen was made of quartz. Great piece.

Good call, I haven't seen one from Ohio before but it matches up with some of the more southern examples.

OP
OP
mike w

mike w

Greenie
Aug 16, 2010
cincinnati ohio
thanks targe, do you have any links where i can view any of these? at best i thought it might be a pipe. i could never find a match for the form and material so what you are saying makes some sense to me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions