New metal detector

altereddezignz

Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone. I am new to this site and this is my first post. My dad won a 5000$ gift card to bass pro and he gave it to me on my birthday. WAHOOO.. Well i am not much of a hunter but i do a lot of photography. I was going to buy a new long zoom spotting scope but i already have one of those. I cant seem to find anything to buy. I was in Bass pro yesterday and realized they sell metal detectors. Well i have a coin master pro that i purchased on my last trip to Florida and used it at the beach. I really enjoy using it but around that water when i got close it would freak out b/c of the salt. Back home in Arkansas i have no issues using it but i want a new upgraded model.

Now i do not want to spend 5K on a detector but i really would like a good oen but to be honest i do not know enough about them to make the decision myself so i am looking for help. I plan to go back to Florida and to the Bahamas this summer and would like to take it along with me but i am not dead set on using it on the waters edge just at the beach's for sure.
We have alot of parks, wooded trails and so on around here that i can hunt.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Here is a link ot bass pro metal detectors.
metal detector | Bass Pro Shops

Upvote 0

Rangerbb

Jan 25, 2013
Columbia, SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Whites PI Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a sweet package I hope you enjoy it and you never know maybe you will get in the water eventually since you have the machine to do it.

OP
OP
A

altereddezignz

Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah just trying to get some swing time with it. Learning slow but learning.

treasurecoasteric

Jan 6, 2014
That's a lot to bite off for a first detector, but you won't need to upgrade for a LONG time

Sent from my BNTV600 using TreasureNet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions