New show coming to Animal Planet, SUNDAY!

ClayDigger

May 12, 2010
Germantown, TN
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, XP Deus, Garret ProPointer, DetectorPro UniProbe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info on the new gold show. Got it queued up in my DVR.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to wonder what the hell a prospecting show is doing on AP?

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Apparently, prospecting shows are doing "big business" at the moment, so they all want to get
in on the game.

For those of us that can't get out all that often it's a real bonus to see others out doing what
we also love to do.

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My first reaction was the same, I can just see the producers making prospectors out to be a bunch of mother earth destroying rapists. TV media is powerful and reality show theme and message is easy to spin. I sure hope my worries are unfounded.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah.... I can see them setting up a hydraulic monitor and washing the mountains into a mercury filled sluice just so the environmental radicals can use it against us to get mining banned. TV is a POWERFUL communications tool and could easily be used against us all if we're not careful.

Paul from SFbayarea

Mar 23, 2013
Union City, CA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm game!! Thanks for the heads up! I watch basically every gold show that's on tv. Some are better than others, but it kind of gives me my fix when I can't get out and find it myself. Besides, it's just another thing for me to look forward to every week since I just love looking at gold, and watching how others find it. I looked ahead at the schedule for this show, and this same episode is going to be showing on the Discovery Channel next Friday evening.

OP
OP
M

MadJack_ME

Apr 11, 2013
Maine, mostly
Detector(s) used
Original Gold Bug, Dahlke Dredges, LeTrap Sluice for clean-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
anyone see the show?

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
yep Jack i watched it. first show kinda slow but thats the way it is when your setting up a new camp! im sure itll get rocking real soon!DVR is set to catch them all!

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I caught the late night repeat of it, and it looks like it will be a great show, providing
that is they (producers) don't start all the drama BS like Gold Rush and Bearing Sea
Gold.

They're a rather eclectic group of men, including an Alaskan wilderness guide to keep
them out of too much trouble in the wilds. There's 2 young gent's (late 20's?) from
Arizona that are experienced hard rock miners. Both are lean and fit, and look like they
could scrape out a hole in just about anything, and they also have a big burly fellow
(seems like a nice guy though) that is a 1st Class jackhammer operator.

I'll have to miss the next few shows, but no doubt they will be replays so's I can
catch up....8-)

OP
OP
M

MadJack_ME

Apr 11, 2013
Maine, mostly
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the shows will replay on friday nights, on discover channel as well.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I thought the first episode was pretty good. A little slow showing all the gearup and camp setup, but so far so good.

AlwaysBusyJ

Feb 9, 2013
Washington State
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems like they got a decent group together, and in most places I think they would do petty well. But out there... I don't know, it seems like they might not be fully prepared. If they don't do well I bet it will be because of the weather. Plus most of the group don't know each other so there's bound to be some conflict. Hopefully they can work together and are prepared for some rough weather.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! Talk about a great prospecting adventure, beautiful scenery, complete isolation, awesome gold and diamond possibilities, I love it!

Last edited:

Coldshuz

May 18, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab X-Terra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I seem to remember that Animal Planet was bought by Destination/Destiny America. As they didn't have enough content yet to be "non animal" a lot of the AP content still remains.

A lot of the BBQ shows (BBQ Pitmasters) I know moved there as part of Dest... America.

OP
OP
M

MadJack_ME

Apr 11, 2013
Maine, mostly
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Episode II on tonight!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread