crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hunted this family farm house several months ago and found 14 Wheaties, the oldest being 1910. This place was in my family before I was born and my father grew up there from 1935. My Grandparents lived there from at least that time and my great grandparents farmed there as well. The current owner told me that while remodeling the walls he found 2 signatures from 1902 and another earlier date. So the potential is there. My grandmother also said that a girl hung herself there up in the attic :o. My grandmother raised 11 children so there is probably lots of coinage around :D I concentrated my efforts around 3 large maple trees at least 100 years old. There is also an old tire swing hanging from the limbs of one of the maples. So, today's finds are Wheaties (1) 1936,(3) 1941's, (4,) 1946's, 1951D, and a 1940 Canadian penny and some 60's and 70's pennies, 2 mercs and a Rosie. The picture say the rest. The dimes were under the trees and not very deep. Being that the trees shelter the ground below explain why they weren't deeper (3 inches). The Wheaties were away from the trees and a little deeper. Thanks for looking, Ron

Picture598.jpg

Picture599-1.jpg

Picture600-1.jpg

Picture609-1.jpg

Picture605-1.jpg

Picture606-1.jpg

Picture608-1.jpg

Picture601.jpg

Picture602.jpg

Picture612.jpg

Picture603.jpg

Picture614.jpg

Picture613.jpg

Picture617.jpg

Picture618.jpg

Picture622.jpg

Picture621.jpg

Picture619.jpg

Picture623.jpg

Picture620.jpg

Picture615.jpg

Picture616-1.jpg

Upvote 0
crazyjarhead said:
Goldiver said:
Nice older farm to hunt. Nice finds, I like the good luck token.

Steve

Is that what that is? It say woodruff seed on it and I can't make out the other stuff. Wasn't sure

Yes, I have seen many of them, they usually have some sort of horse shoe design to them and of course the penny is always good luck. Too bad aluminum doesn't hold up very well, it would be nice to read all the detail, again..cool find. 8)

Steve

TimC (AL) said:
Sweet hunt and finds. it looks like a dream site.

Thanks timC and the other comments. I pulled out about 12 wheaties in the last several days but too lazy to post pics. The oldest being 1919

Indianhead Jones said:
Some sweet finds!! Lovely Mercs....The sight of a Merc shining up out of the soil is something I never tire of! I love the encased cent....I've found a few of those over the years..love 'em! Congrats!! :thumbsup:

Larry

Thanks Larry. Your right. Love the sight of silver

Very interesting story and family history and a great place to hunt with finds lost by past relatives !

Were the signatures written inside the wall from your grandparents ?

Derek :icon_study:

Derek752 said:
Very interesting story and family history and a great place to hunt with finds lost by past relatives !

Were the signatures written inside the wall from your grandparents ?

Derek :icon_study:

I don't know if it was written on the inside or outside. The current owner told me but I'm not sure if it was . I was not paying much attention as I had my mind set on detecting and was in a hurry

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back