SkyPirate

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
Raleigh North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only had a bit of light left this afternoon, but I wanted to take a walk around a new site I found before the snow and rain comes this weekend. It is the site of a 100+ year old house still standing. I found a very old overgrown road and walked a few hundred feet swinging my coil here and there. I got a lot signals and there was a lot of old pots, jars, buckets and scrap laying about. I got a decent signal and decided to see what it was. It was the top of a mason jar. It was glass and says "Kerr" on it. There was a small bit of rusted remains of the screw top on it and my detector picked it up. Don't know if it is worth anything or how old it is. I also saw an old cork top bottle lying in the dirt near a tree. It says "The J.R. Watkins Co." on it, pretty neat old bottle. Down the road I came to a creek and I could tell that there had been a bridge there many, many years ago but there was nothing left of the structure. No timber or steel. Nothing! I plan on doing some detecting there in the very near future. On my walk back to the car my dog was very interested in something so I walked over to see what he was sniffing and it was a very large shed antler. I have found others but this was the biggest. The base measures 4 inches around and the length from base to tip is about 16 inches. So for a very short hunt I came out with some nice finds.

Attachments

• 12-17.jpg
    12-17.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 323
  • 12-17.jpg
    12-17.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 331
  • 12-17.jpg
    12-17.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 314

NaturalJWL

Jul 19, 2007
NC
Sky, sounds like you got a good crossing to check out. I think an old road bed area may produce something for sure. If you run out of things to detect, you can go find Mike under all that snow, lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread