New to gold panning

YoungBlood

Sep 18, 2012
Upvote 0

Rh2racing

Feb 24, 2013
I bought the garrett one, it came with two pans (lg & sm) classifier, tweezers, scoop, snuffer bottle, vial, dvd and coupon to join the gpaa. Not too bad.

OP
OP
YoungBlood

YoungBlood

Sep 18, 2012
Rh2racing said:
I bought the garrett one, it came with two pans (lg & sm) classifier, tweezers, scoop, snuffer bottle, vial, dvd and coupon to join the gpaa. Not too bad.

Do you remember how much it cost?

AlwaysBusyJ

Feb 9, 2013
Washington State
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmm, I know I've seen the kit at Cabelas, but checking online it looks like all they have is Eastwing and GPAA pans sold individually.

Rh2racing

Feb 24, 2013
The 'did' have two kits from garrett one with sniffles on the front and the bigger kit. I bought both of 'em. The also had a kit with red pans, fisher kits I think.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A good 14 inch Proline pan is only $12 retail. Anything more you pay better be for something else worth having!

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazon.com for your best deals on pans. I own several. We have a local dealer but he is a paranoid fella and I have to order all my prospecting stuff online. Your gonna want a 15" garret super sluice, hands down one bad pan. You'll want a 14", and a 10" pan, with a classifier. You'll need a jeweler loupe, a sniffer bottle, and a few collection vials. A small sluice to clean up your dirt so your just working concentrates, but not needed. You can most likely make classifiers from more than a few kitchen items you can buy at the dollar store. The idea is to make money with this hobby, not spend it. I can tell you I am the world worse prospector, and the guy selling the shovels is the only one getting rich. Good Luck.

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
does anyone know if tom masseys new pan design is on the market?

dabskie

Jan 30, 2013
Northeast Pa.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I get most of my supplies from rosewindmining.com,,,,,,,great supplier super fast shipping. Very reasonable prices. Great to deal with,,,and no I don't work there,,lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread