New to the Etrac

cosmic

Dec 31, 2006
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I asked a question about my new Etrac under this post "E-trac settings and depth questions" and no one replied.. :dontknow: I guess I figured it out for myself.. In my favorite churchyard adjoining the school I had a good day.. Started with a wheatie at 7", walking over 8.5" and standing over 8.5" (my pinpointer is 8.5" and the coins were in compressed dirt at the bottom of the hole.) all were found in a two foot area, and the 49 wheatie about 3 feet away from them.. The oriental coin was closer to the schoolyard at about 6".. I not to up on them so if anyone knows about it please reply.. No name milk token at about 5"
Ray

Attachments

• 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 174
  • 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 189

outlaw007

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
ILLINIOS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
TESORO LOBO SUPERTRAQ , TESORO GOLDEN UMAX AND MINELAB EXCALIBUR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CONGRATS ON SOME GREAT FINDS WITH YOUR NEW ETRAC ! I'M SURE YOU WILL FIND SOME GREATER FINDS IN THE FUTURE , BELIEVE ME !

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
Great Finds!
Very nice, especially the Walker. I am new to Etrac as well.
-Jon

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even though I have a Whites, I don't think you need any E-Trac help with the looks of those finds :thumbsup:

justdigging50

Sep 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC and Minelab Explorer II
Great start to getting your E-trac going. Those are some nice finds. Love the walker.

Mayo South Elgin

Feb 5, 2007
South Elgin IL
Detector(s) used
MineLab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey great group of finds Ray! Based on what you found, you may be in an area that has not been heavily hunted - I would keep hitting it diligently.

To answer your previous question about the E trac "Are the coin tones intermixed with nulls on the deep ones" this would depend on what's in the ground. The nulls, or when the constant threshold tone blanks out and goes silent, is a result of your coil being over something that is currently being discriminated out. This depends on how you have your machine set up. Any target falling within the blacked out areas of your screen will cause a null.

This is how I interpret it - other more experienced users may have better insight.

Continued good luck to you!

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Wow! Great digs Ray!

I'm betting you'll be camped out at those grounds for awhile!

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
cosmic said:
Well I asked a question about my new Etrac under this post "E-trac settings and depth questions" and no one replied.. :dontknow: I guess I figured it out for myself..
? ? ?

Set your Smartfind to include all the targets you want to find. Go slow enough and your accepted targets will usually jump through the nulls on this machine.

Great finds! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

OP
OP
cosmic

cosmic

Dec 31, 2006
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far as hunted, I have pounded this area with many different detectors over the last few years even strung it and gridded it.. I did find out the coin is Japanese from 1668!! Common and not valuable but the oldest I found.. I found another in the schoolyard that I couldn't date as it was only a half a coin.. Really liking the Etrac.. By the way, before this I have found many wheaties, a indian and a few mercs and rosies but I didn't post them.. And all were from areas that many (including myself) have detected to death.. It does seem the Etrac can pull out some great targets out of these hard hit grounds..
Ray

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread