New To The Hobby

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Jimi,

I'm new here myself. I just bought a Garrett AT Pro, and I really like it. I have read a lot of good things about it on here, too. It falls right in the middle of your price range at about $600. I would advise getting a pinpointer as well. I haven't bought one yet, but I plan to. After just 2 times out, I can really see how a pinpointer would make it easier and quicker to locate stuff, once you start digging.

Good Luck!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd stick with the major brands.......the ones that have been around a while. Makes repairs, parts, and accessories easier to get. You might want to check with a local detecting club to see what works good in your area. Members might have some that you can try.

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Tesoro have a lifetime warranty and do a good job, the Tejon gets high marks from all who own it. I have a Whites V3i, also an excellent machine, but about twice the price of what you are looking for. I haven't owned any other Whites, but I am sure someone on here could chime in on them. The Tejon is round $650.

Feb 15, 2013
northern,nh
Detector(s) used
whites m6,whites surf pi pro,whites amphibian II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You want to buy a whites m6 $700 you will not be disappointed,read the reviews.my 1st year 2012 I found 2117 coins and silver and gold.Watch some you tube videos.Indeed buy a pinpointer a garrett $127.50 also a lesche digger 37.50 ebay.all these items have you tube videos.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Minelab X-terra 305
Tesoro Vaquero
Fisher F4
Teknetics Gamma 6000

All of these are within your budget - Good Luck!

RKDbuyer

Mar 21, 2013
Cape Girardeau, MO
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3I
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look at the MXT PRO, in the price range. A pinpointer is worth the money. I am learning and can see where I could get addicted to the hobby. Good Luck. Randy

OP
OP
J

Jimi

Tenderfoot
Mar 28, 2013
White Mountains, NH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all for the great info. Im in the process of comparing some of the most recommend models.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread