NEW TO THIS SECTION OF T-NET Look What I found WOW!!

gold fever pete

Jun 1, 2010
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All, My name is Pete (AKA Gold Fever Pete). I have been spending a lot of time on the shallow water section. I Live is So Cal. Have an XLT w/a Bigfoot, DFX w/a Bigfoot and a Surfmaster PI. Yeah I know I spend a lot of time diggin trash lol, but I have found a lot of really good stuff too. On Sunday morning I left the house and was at a park by 6:30 AM. A slight drizzle coming down so I put a plastic bag over the DFX. I was told that the park had been hit really hard. I just needed to be out of the house. Cabin fever ya know what I mean? Within 20 minutes I had a hit. Read 15, 16, 17. I thought it had to be slaw. I dug it anyway. I use a plugger for parks and schools. Nice neat and can't even tell after I left. Anyway, after I pulled the plug out I went over the hole and not a sound. Whatever it was was in the plugger. I pushed the plug out and went over it with my pin pointer and no surprise it was dead center of the plug. I separated the plug and there was a ring. My first ring with the DFX. My glasses were kinda wet so I walked to my car to get a better look at this beauty. It was heavy, I could tell that but my glasses were so messed up I really couldn't make detail. I got the towel I keep in the car and cleaned my glasses and looked at the ring as I got the dirt off. Looking inside I saw the wonderful number and letter 14k. Then I started counting diamonds. 26 of them. I found out later that most were called baggets. What a way to start a sunday. Check it out and let me know what you think. The ring weighed 9,5 grams.

Attachments

• P5160186.jpg
    P5160186.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 1,764
Upvote 0
F

Felinepeachy

Re: NEW TO THIS SECTION OF T-NET

Congratulations on a great find!!! :notworthy:

F

Felinepeachy

Finally a pic of your fantastic find. Congratulations Pete!!!!!! That is a beauty!!!! :hello2: :notworthy:

Man I bet you were shaking all the way home LOL

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
That hurt my eyes! WoW.. What a find! Congrats! :thumbsup:

windage

Apr 3, 2011
Mason-Dixon Line
Detector(s) used
eyes, ears, wet finger in the wind and old willow sticks, when that don't work; Minelabs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great way to get out of the house...I agree, what a honker!

OP
OP
G

gold fever pete

Jun 1, 2010
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK I am trying again to thank everyone for their replies. Just an update, I had the ring appraised by a certified jeweler. He said as is (fresh outta the ground) it would appraise at $1800. He also said that one of the baggetts was crushed. If I wanted it like new it would have to be replace and the value would change from the $1800 to $2900. I did it and the above is the final result. I picked it up today and when I saw it you could have knocked me over with a feather. The Ring Gods were looking over me the day I found it.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, that is GREAT! Don't it seem to make it so worth it!

Now, do you keep your poker face, or do your eyes get as big as saucers and ya jaw drop to the ground? LOL!
It ain't easy sometimes! LOL! :icon_pirat: ;D

Blind Squirrel

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Whites PI Pro, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!

RPSwede

Apr 20, 2011
Sparks NV
Detector(s) used
MXT pro , AT pro
LOL....My girlfriend saw that ring and asked me how come I haven't found one like that yet!!!! Great find Pete!

OP
OP
G

gold fever pete

Jun 1, 2010
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tuberale said:
Gotta ask: big happy dance afterwards?

WTG!
after I picked up the ring - went to the car and just outside the car yep did the ring dance and thanked the ring gods again... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread