New to TreasureNet

Ahobs211

Feb 4, 2024
Ohio
Hello, I'm new to TreasureNet. I've been looking for any possible ideas on Google and elsewhere what this could be?

My husband found it on his property in the house he grew up in, in Northern Ohio, and my father in law had it made into part of his fireplace.

The story goes that when my husband found it in his backyard, his grandparents claimed it was theirs and took possession of it. He never got any further explanation from them, and they have passed on. After his grandfather retired, they spent many years traveling the country in an RV and living wherever they ended up.

They spent a lot of time in Ohio, Arizona, and Alaska.

Its very large, would anyone have any idea what this may be or where it could have come from?

Thank you so much! We are a family that LOVES fossil hunting and looking for beach glass, fossils and crystals at beaches and parks. We have two young boys who love to go outside on our 5 acres with their metal detectors and see what they may find. We Hope to have more to post! 😁

Attachments

• 20240204_154619.jpg
    20240204_154619.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 36
  • 20240204_154552.jpg
    20240204_154552.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 31

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...I've been looking for any possible ideas on Google and elsewhere what this could be?...
tn_md.gif
I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).
tn_moved_over.gif
I moved ya from NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS over to WHAT IS IT? for more exposure.

tn_notice.gif
NOTE: Forum NEW MEMBER INSTRODUCTIONS Description: New to TreasureNet? Introduce yourself to our community here! Welcome aboard and Happy Hunting!

Upvote 1

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet. 👍
I have family up in the Hudson, Ohio area.
When you say this item is “very large”, what are the approx measurements?
Thanks,
MM

Upvote 0
OP
OP
A

Ahobs211

Feb 4, 2024
Ohio
Welcome to Tnet. 👍
I have family up in the Hudson, Ohio area.
When you say this item is “very large”, what are the approx measurements?
Thanks,
MM
Maybe 6" wide by 10-12" long. Not sure how thick it is, my husband was young when he found it in the yard and can't remember how thick it was. I added a picture of it in the fireplace so you could get a better idea of size. Hope that helps and thank you! 😊

Attachments

• 20240204_154526.jpg
    20240204_154526.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 15
Upvote 1

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other

Hi Ahobs211

I guess you never heard of the saying..."Finders Keepers"...or...“Right of Survivorship”.
You are the rightful owner of this piece of rocki!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread