new v3i coil

Brooklynhunter

Jul 16, 2013
Nothing so far. I have given my Vai a rest . Bought a ctx in September been hunting with that these past months. I'm really missing my V3i and a new coil release would probably pull me back , ctx it nice but u can't beat the V3i 's ability to analyze and it's endless custom a titi on abilites.

OP
OP
T

tmshaft

Dec 2, 2012
I went ahead and bought a 10x12 sef for it now I have 6 coils for the thing lol maybe I need to start selling some

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the 10x12 SEF and I have not been impressed. I still prefer the concentics

556baller

Sep 22, 2014
Oceanside, CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm in the market for a coil also. The 10" D^2 feels to heavy, the cover looks like it's built from .080 Kydex. Serious overkill for a coil cover. After market coils appear to be considerably lighter in weight. What are the options? I'm running 13" Ultimate Detech on one of my machines and I'm reluctant to purchase another one because of the lack of information and customer support.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I run the 6x8 SEF now. Light weight, great depth and separates trash like the 4x6.

556baller

Sep 22, 2014
Oceanside, CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just ordered my 8x6 SEF, looking forward to running it. I'll have about a week or so to practice with it before I head out on a trip I've been planning.

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I run the 6x8 SEF now. Light weight, great depth and separates trash like the 4x6.

I love my 6x8 SEF !!! It is my go to coil for my hunting style and for most locations I hunt. i highly recommend it for the DFX.

dp4349

Jun 7, 2012
Fort Smith, AR
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, WS4, 11' Standard
Coil & Whites XLT E-Series
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the 10×12 SEF V-rated and I really like this coil. I would like to see the 8x6 SEF from Detech with a v-rating for the V3i. However I may not be able to wait after hearing such good reviews of the 8x6

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
I have the 10×12 SEF V-rated and I really like this coil. I would like to see the 8x6 SEF from Detech with a v-rating for the V3i. However I may not be able to wait after hearing such good reviews of the 8x6

I suppose that it is a gamle on whether the 8x6 SEF will function effectively as a V-rated coil, but mine has been amazing on my V3i. Pescadore can surely remember by experiences just within a couple months after getting mine. I suddenly found good stuff, and that wasn't my style up until then. It's hard to explain. I'd buy another one in a minute. martin

dp4349

Jun 7, 2012
Fort Smith, AR
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have attempted to contact Detech about an 8x6 SEF V-Rated. I will post something if I hear back.

OP
OP
T

tmshaft

Dec 2, 2012
Just got my coil back from Kellyco today will check back in when I get a chance to test it .

556baller

Sep 22, 2014
Oceanside, CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just ran my new 6x8 SEF today and it's awesome! I like the way it swings compared to the 10" D^2. Pulled a few coins in a really trashy area.

dp4349

Jun 7, 2012
Fort Smith, AR
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just ran my new 6x8 SEF today and it's awesome! I like the way it swings compared to the 10" D^2. Pulled a few coins in a really trashy area.

That's awesome I'm probably going to do the same thing. Please keep me posted and let me know what settings you are using.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Brooklynhunter,

I agree with you, IMO, White's V3i provides the operator with tremendous information on the target; best of any machine! The screen and interface is very easy to use and understand.

Regards,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread