Newbie questions.......

wannadanc

Aug 30, 2006
Wettern WA State
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
I apologize if this is not "the place" - just point me in the right direction.

I have a Pioneer 505 (Walmart Bounty Hunter) .....and the whole experience is new to me. I realize it IS about practice and more practice ........but I do have a couple questions.

If you are familiar w/ BH - should I be using the autonotch setting, as opposed to something else?

After you get a chirp, and determine it is not worth messing w/, do you clear the LED of arrows .... or just continue moving until something else happens?

I bought head phones at Radio Shack circa $50 in cost - but there seems to be no adjustment for the volume which is going to do ear damage - any suggestions??

Any recommendations on brand of pinpointer to get? - since it seems I will be doing that before long.

I think that just about covers it for now! Just to help you realize what a newbie I am - I have accumulated 2 dimes, 5 pennies, 1 bottle cap and two pull tabs. I didn't bring home the broken sprinkler head which was my first find!

Upvote 0

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
wannadanc said:
I apologize if this is not "the place" - just point me in the right direction.

I have a Pioneer 505 (Walmart Bounty Hunter) .....and the whole experience is new to me. I realize it IS about practice and more practice ........but I do have a couple questions.

If you are familiar w/ BH - should I be using the autonotch setting, as opposed to something else?

After you get a chirp, and determine it is not worth messing w/, do you clear the LED of arrows .... or just continue moving until something else happens?

I bought head phones at Radio Shack circa $50 in cost - but there seems to be no adjustment for the volume which is going to do ear damage - any suggestions??

Any recommendations on brand of pinpointer to get? - since it seems I will be doing that before long.

I think that just about covers it for now! Just to help you realize what a newbie I am - I have accumulated 2 dimes, 5 pennies, 1 bottle cap and two pull tabs. I didn't bring home the broken sprinkler head which was my first find!
I have a BH 3300 but i alway dig ALL targets ,some chirps/indicators can be misleading.

To the pinpointer i would go with a whites bullseye.

The earphone thing i don't know theres nothin you can do i guess

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey wanna, at RS i bought a converter for $2.50. it has a male phono and female stereo all in one little connector. then i use my mp3 player headphones. this way i can hang them over my ear and if the volume is a little loud then i can move the maway from the canal a bit. return that those phones if ya can and if ya want. i use the little blue sony style sport phones and they have remarkable frequency response. less than $25.00 total.

but that's just me.

I dont know how much a 'pinpointer' costs. The BH 3300 has one built into it. You should not need to clear the indicators on it. just keep moving until you find the desired target. not familiar with your model, but, ours are from the same company so they should behave fairly closely. I have the 100 andthe 3300.

hope this helps

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread