News spills coin roll secrets

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doesn't really scare me. I have several relatives who have literally witnessed me pulling 90% silver out of rolls. Not a single one, however has shown interest in doing it themselves. People who CRH thousands of dollars a week are weird, myself included. The vast majority of people might be amused by the idea, but lets face the facts, the hassle of searching and dumping, especially without a bag deposit system gets quite time consuming. It's not for the casual coin person. It's been said time and time again, it is a hobby not a get rich quick scheme. In my area, unless I get a decent box (which is rare) a part time job is actually more profitable. I willing only a very small handful of people that watch that video will actually start ordering $$$$ of boxes every week.

It's not at all a good thing for us that this video is out there, because more competition is always worse, but this is not as gloomy as some might make it out to be.
Well said

RP4L

Jun 3, 2011
I wish I could find it (maybe it got deleted), but there was a thread here last year about some guy wanting to a TV special of all things about CRH.

Of course it didn't work out. The average person isn't going to care at all, unless you can somehow convince them they'll get rich off it (storage lockers, anyone?)

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
You folks that have been doing this for 6 years are lucky. It's only a matter of time now before its all over. It's about to go mainstream and believe me there enough people out there unemployed or underemployed that still have capital to supplement their income CRH. I give it 12 months before it over.

This. Not sure about the 12 month prediction, but with so many people unemployed or underemployed, many will jump at anything that has potential gain and no risk.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
I wish I could find it (maybe it got deleted), but there was a thread here last year about some guy wanting to a TV special of all things about CRH.

Of course it didn't work out. The average person isn't going to care at all, unless you can somehow convince them they'll get rich off it (storage lockers, anyone?)

The post got deleted; the guy was flamed to death, possibly literally. Never heard a word about the topic after the post got deleted.

The show didn't work out - yet. With shows about storage lockers, unclaimed bags, and now metal detecting, a CRH show is only a matter of time.

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This. Not sure about the 12 month prediction, but with so many people unemployed or underemployed, many will jump at anything that has potential gain and no risk.

12 months may be an aggressive estimate, but what I really feel will happen is very soon banks will refuse to help us CRH, thus basically ending it. It's only a matter of time before the banks decide there is no money to be made helping us only wasted labor exchanging our coin. They will pass some sort of company policy restricting our coin exchange. It doesn't make business sense so why would they continue to do it?
CRH is sooooo fun to me, but it's pretty obvious it will become like storage wars soon. I am going to get in as much CRH as possible(still mad I didn't know 5 years ago, ugh) until then, but I am going to get a HEAVY start on the NEXT popular thing which I will not share, most of you probably have heard anyway. It's not as fun IMO. But much easier.thats the only hint you get :)

Last edited:

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think I could lay on the floor like that to search. Looks uncomfortable.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When we order boxes week after week and dump week after week we put the word out there coin roll hunting is worth doing!! Right but when i ask if there is any one doing it 99% say no.

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:dontknow: I tend to agree with most of the other members in that I don't think it will make much of a difference in the amount of new crhs this video will bring in. It takes a lot of time & effort not to mention the gas that goes into picking up, going thru the coins & than dumping the unwanted ones. He also is just rim searching which means he will most likely miss dirty rims along with any error coins. He did mention that in his video. He also didn't mention about the accuratacy problems with the coin counting machines when it comes to these machines counting dimes. My friend, Treeslayer, had a loss of over $300 last year when a machine miscounted his dimes. He had to eat that loss. The bottom line is that it takes a lot of time & effort to do this hobby. Not many people have the time or resources to do this. I don't think there were many new crhs when the news stories were talking about this when silver was over $45 a ounce last year. I wouldn't worry about new competition.

HH Everyone

OtraVez

Aug 14, 2011
Akron, OH
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out of the 20 some odd friends and family I have told about it and how to set up dumps and things of that nature only one has tried and he quit after 4 boxes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread