NF String box produces a SWEET Lincoln Cent Double Die

Historyhound

Nov 2, 2006
Schenectady New York
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Just finished up a box of pennies and found my first ever 1984 DDO#1. Not a bad looking coin for being in circulation for about 27 years. This box also produce 47 wheaties, the oldest being a 1919-S, and a 2000 Wide AM. And since I'm a treasure hunter, and not a collector, it will probably be listed on EBay sometime Saturday evening.

**UPDATE** Not a bad profit for something that cost me face value!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120737502584

Attachments

• 1984DDO1obv.jpg
    1984DDO1obv.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 14,390
  • 1984DDO1rev.jpg
    1984DDO1rev.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 2,638
Upvote 0

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: NF String box produces a SWEET Lincoln Cent Double Die and then some

Nice find! Been looking for one of those myself for a while now. Congrats.

legend76

May 17, 2010
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Where is the doubling? Maybe I need to start watching for these? What are they worth?

Nice score :thumbsup:
Legend

OP
OP
Historyhound

Historyhound

Nov 2, 2006
Schenectady New York
Detector(s) used
White's DFX

legend76 said:
Where is the doubling? Maybe I need to start watching for these? What are they worth?

Nice score :thumbsup:
Legend

There are 2 ear lobes. Uncirulated they run anywhere from $120 to $450+. Gonna start this one at $50 and see what happens.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very nice coin!! And good eye spotting that! I sometimes pick out the 1983's for dbl die obv, 84 for dbl ear, 72 dbl die obv, 60 d/d, 92, 95 dbl die obv, 98, 99, 00... are there any more dates i should be looking at? dates I shouldn't waste my time on?

captainfwiffo

May 11, 2011
Southwest Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Apparently there are some 96, and there are hundreds of doubled reverses for 2009, but there are so many that they might not be worth anything. I pretty much just check them all. Check out doubleddie.com and coppercoins.com.

OP
OP
Historyhound

Historyhound

Nov 2, 2006
Schenectady New York
Detector(s) used
White's DFX

BuffaloBoy said:
Very nice coin!! And good eye spotting that! I sometimes pick out the 1983's for dbl die obv, 84 for dbl ear, 72 dbl die obv, 60 d/d, 92, 95 dbl die obv, 98, 99, 00... are there any more dates i should be looking at? dates I shouldn't waste my time on?

Here's my list of memorial cents that I actively search for:

1960 D/D
1964 P DDR
1968 D DDR
1969 S DDO
1970 S DDO
1971 P DDO
1972 P D S DDO
1980 P DDO
1982 P LGD DDO
1982 P SMD DDR
1983 P DDO & DDR
1984 P DDO
1988 P DDO
1988 P & D RDV-006 (Rev of 1989)
1992 P & D type 2 Rev (Close AM)
1994 P MAD Clash
1994 P DDR
1995 P & D DDO
1996 P DDO
1997 P DDO
1998,99,00 P Type 2 Rev (Wide AM)
2004 P DDR
2006 P DDO

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks so much!

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS

awesome finds! amazing looking coin! huge congrats! keep it up and hh! [R.I.P. Rich Hartford]

zmemarine

Feb 6, 2008

Nice find! I've found the 83ddr, 95ddo and 4 72 ddo. I've also found 29 98 wams and 19 00 wams. Still waiting for the 99 wam and the one u just found.

Semper Fi

captainfwiffo

May 11, 2011
Southwest Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: NF String box produces a SWEET Lincoln Cent Double Die *UPDATE* SOLD! $74.53

Nice to know that searching pennies for varieties can actually pay off, given the time it takes.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Re: NF String box produces a SWEET Lincoln Cent Double Die *UPDATE* 6/23/11

Sorry to hear that.. I don't know why you would think that it's someone here. Afterall there are a ton of different collectors out there but you never know.

Sounds like some dou#che bag buyer.. which there are a lot of out there. If you ever go onto PCGS forums, they always talk about the buyer from hell. They have an ongoing lists of people from whom to block on Ebay auctions.. They hate Feebay as well since Feebay gives all the power to the buyers. Buyers often will use negative feedback as leverage to get what they want because the buyer can never receive negative feedback which is stupid.. If I were you, I would inform Ebay of the issue, in case this guy tries to give you negative feedback. It's Ebay, you don't need to send an invoice to get paid. People can easily pay without an invoice. Tell Ebay that you tried to send the invoice to him twice and the no response. The buyer has not paid you and requests you send the item to him. DO NOT mail off to this guy unless you get paid. Also if you can ask if this guy no longer wants the item. If he doesn't want it, you can send him an agreement to cancel the auction.

If this guy turns out to be another Ebay horror story.. please give out his username here so that other people who have coins to sell can block him. I want to know so that I can block him. This is common practice on the PCGS forums.

I've also had a negative experience with dealing with some guy off of Ebay. We had done a transaction before via Paypal and it all worked out fine. I was selling him copper cents at the time and this time he agreed to send a check to save on the Paypal fees. When I told him that I would wait for the check to clear, he got all mad and told me he already sent the check and was demanding that I send the coins off immediately even before getting the check. He then went on to say that I insulted him and that I was rude because I wanted to wait for the check to clear first. He then said he works for the military and that he is a colonel and that he has dealt with many secret intelligence matters.. etc like he was some big shot and was seriously talking down to me. Off course when I googled him, I could not find him. He was the first and only guy to get upset over me waiting for a check to clear before sending the product which drew red flags. I told him that since he already mailed the check out that I would just sending it back to him. Of course I waited for it to arrive and yet it NEVER arrived. I told him in an email that I never got it and that I suspected that he never mailed it in the first place. It was all a lie. Of course, he tells me that he had his mailman retrieve it for him. Yeah right.

Oh his Ebay username is: Madicom

So if people are not comfortable with him being your buyer, block him. He's mostly a buyer so he doesn't get any negatives.

Becareful out there.

Good luck..let us what happens

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread