Nice gold necklace - Venice beach, fl

GuerillaBill

Feb 12, 2008
Venice, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites BeachHunter 300
I'm doing pretty good so far this week.

Found a small 10k ring on Nokomis beach yesterday, and this morning found a nice 10k gold necklace near sharkeys on Venice Beach.

Found lots of coins, but the ring and necklace are the kind of things that give you a reason to get up each morning and give it another try. (Plus being on the beach is always a reward in itself).

It was unusually cool for this time of year on the beach - but no complaints from me.

Bill

Attachments

• goldsharkeys.jpg
    goldsharkeys.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 1,951
Upvote 0

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Beautiful necklace. When I hunt, I often find myself dreaming of a nice gold necklace. Did you find this in the wet sand or the dry?
Thanks,
Anthony

OP
OP
GuerillaBill

GuerillaBill

Feb 12, 2008
Venice, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites BeachHunter 300
Narthoniel said:
Beautiful necklace. When I hunt, I often find myself dreaming of a nice gold necklace. Did you find this in the wet sand or the dry?
Thanks,
Anthony

I found that up in the dry sand, near the heel of the dune.

On windy days people set their blankets up at the bottom of the dunes to block the wind. Sometimes you can find very interesting things in that area - especially since most people with detectors stay near the water line and leave the top of the beach undetected.

Bill

longsocks

Oct 17, 2005
Wisconsin -south of milwaukee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 --- FISHER F - 70 Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Bill.. my season is over so i have to live thru your finds till spring.. i look at the snow and wish it was april... HH paul

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GuerillaBill said:
I found that up in the dry sand, near the heel of the dune.

On windy days people set their blankets up at the bottom of the dunes to block the wind. Sometimes you can find very interesting things in that area - especially since most people with detectors stay near the water line and leave the top of the beach undetected.

Bill

There was a hunter that used to post here, I believe it was two years ago, that found the biggest gold bracelet for a man that I have ever seen. He said the same thing about how all of the hunters were near the water, he was detecting the area where no one would have ever imagined.

This past summer I was hunting with Cavedweller, we were about to leave and he did a few last swings near the garbage cans at the exit of the beach. Out pops a nice 14k with 4 or 6 diamonds ( I don't remember the quantity, sorry). Who would have ever thought to swing near the garbage cans, off the path that everyone walks, and far away from the water (and no not in the dunes).

Treasure is where someone left it or where it has moved to. I saw a hunter 2 days ago pull out 3 Spanish cob coins (1-1 real and 2-1/2 real coins). I was disappointed that I didn't find them :(, but at least my son got to see what they look like. The gentleman was hunting in a zone I wouldn't have....next time I will hunt there.

kibitzr

Dec 18, 2007
Niles,Mich
Detector(s) used
Expl SE, Excalibur ll, E-Trac, Whites V3
Nice gold Bill, Wife and I are vacationing there this summer, will keep an eye out for ya . HH :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread